CLEO ✔️

Thoughts swirl throughout my mind and I try to close my eyes in order to cease all the images flying through my head.

When I finally open them again I see the glint of blue scales replacing my normal orange tail. I tighten my jaw, furrowing my eyebrows.

Why? Why is this happening to me? Why is this happening to us?

In the midst of my thoughts, I notice something red flash past a patch of seaweed in front of me. A tail.

"We're almost there," I hear high-pitched voice say.

Was that an animal?

I quickly follow after the voice and tail. As I get closer I notice it's Rikki, holding onto the fin of a dolphin. The dolphin is taking Rikki deeper and deeper into the depths and my heart races as I follow, both of them unaware of the frantic pace of my heart that only I must be hearing.

Where are they going, Why is Rikki following a dolphin?

"Just behind here," The dolphin says, but I don't see anything to go behind. What is he talking about.

"Behind what? How can I breath underwater?"

I stop in my tracks. That was Rikki's voice. How . . . ?

The dolphin laughs, "You really are weird. Come on," Rikki follows without another word, and I slowly begin to chase after them again. "The portals just over here."

"What portal? I don't see any thing." Bubbles escape Rikki's mouth.

The dolphin sighs. "Well, duh. It's invisible.  It protects us from the sight of humans. Come on, its right here."

And then, suddenly, the two vanish into thin air.