RIKKI ✔️

"What are you talking about, Rikki? What is going on?" Cleo ask frantically as me, Shelby, and Darla pull her and Bella inside.

Darla sighs, "I'm not going to explain this all over again. Someone else do it," She swims away, huffing as she goes.

"Guys, if we don't get to the moon pool before the next full moon we'll be mermaids, full on mermaids, forever." I say simply, not going into all the gory details that Darla had with me just a few moments ago.

Bella holds up her hand, confusion showing all over her face. "Hold up. What are you talking about?"

Someone huffs in the corner, and I turn to see Darla, her eyes rolling as she begins to explain just as she had to me. "Are you guys really that stupid? Your moon pool was destroyed, meaning that all the power that it has absorbed over it's existence is draining out and going back to the moon. Once all that power is gone, your legs will be gone, too."

Cleo and Bella just sit there for a while, taking it in slightly different than how I had. My way involved a lot more . . . violence and yelling.

I look down at my tail in the silence, the red scales sparkling in the dim light. It's beautiful, I can't lie, but not something I'd want to be stuck with forever. I want my legs, and my tail. I don't want to be stuck as a mermaid for the rest of my life and certainly not an ordinary human girl either!

Cleo finally speaks, breaking the silence with her soft whisper, "But the full moon is in . . ."

"Two days," I finish for her.

Darla nods, "And that's why we should hurry."

Cleo's eyes go wide in realization. "Rikki, ohmygosh, Rikki," She says hurriedly.

I furrow my brows at her worried expression. "What?"

"What about Emma?" She finally spits out. "Wouldn't she be going through what we're going through?"

Darla huffs once more, "Oh, there's another one of you? Great. Just great,"