CLEO ✔️

I can't believe my eyes. The fact that I'm a mermaid doesn't stun me anymore, but the fact that my tail is blue does. Actually, it does more than stun me. It shocks me.

My mouth is gaped open as I look at everyone, and their mouths are openned, too. Each has a different color tail, except for Will of course. He must have let all of his breath escape from his mouth in his surprise because he has gone to take a breath of air.

Rikki can't take her eyes off her red tail, and Bella has hers shut, seeming to want to wisk away the weird things happening to us. But once both of them have their eyes focused on me, I signal to mako.

We can talk about all this once we get there.

We wait for Will once we get to mako. None of us say a word. We're all so stuck in our thoughts to say a word - too scared that if we do say something it might end up being real.

Will's head pops out of the water a couple minutes later, breaking the silence. "God, this is weird." He says, looking at our tails.

I just nod, staring down at the blue scales. Sure, they are pretty, but I want to vomit. I want to vomit because I want my orange tail back. I want my normal tail back. I want to be a normal mermaid again!

"I have a red tail . . ." Rikki mumbles so low that it takes me time to process her words. ". . . and weird powers."

Bella blinks. "How do we fix it?"

"First we have to figure out why."

"I have a red tail . . ."

"Please, let's all just calm down."

"How can we calm down!"

"Take deep breaths, guys."

Everyones voices fill the room, slurring with one another as they begin to fight. I stay silent, too shocked to say a word.

"Are you alright, Cleo?" Will says, his blue eyes full of worry and confusion.

I shake my head, "What do you think?"