RIKKI ✔️

I'm boiling.

Literally.

I can feel the water around me evaporating as I swim past. I try to calm my nerves, but every time I try it just gets even worse.

I can't believe her!

I mean, did Cleo ever wish to be a mermaid when she was maybe six or seven. If you think about it, this is a dream come true for most girls.

Sure, it's sometimes scary. Especially now when all this crazy stuff is happening, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Why can't she see that we have the lives that every little girl wants to live?

"Wow, calm down." I turn to see the same dolphin from before. I give it a sympathetic smile, knowing that I wouldn't be able to calm down even if I tried. "Your going to evaporate the whole ocean with that anger!" He jokes in a playful voice. I can almost see his snout turning up into a smile.

At this I laugh, water going down my throat in the process. I quickly cover my mouth, afraid that I might drown down here if I start choking.

"Can't you breath like all the other mermaids?" The dolphin says, confused.

Other mermaids?

I guess he can read my expression when he says, "You sure are weirder than I thought. You haven't seen the others?"

I shake my head.

"Come on, then. I'll show you." He holds out his fin and I grab it, allowing him to lead me deeper into the depths of the ocean.