RIKKI ✔️

"How do I have Emma's powers?" I ask out loud, my voice full of panic. I'm positive that Cleo, Bella, and Will have absolutely no idea what's going on with me either, but it feels much better to get my questions known by the general public.

I look at my hands. I have never, in my life had a different power than boiling water, making lighting, and fire.

Will, who hasn't heard a story about Emma in our short time knowing eachother, looks confused. "Who is Emma? What's going on? Don't tell me there's another one of you,"

"There is." Bella answers. "She left for a family trip a while before the both of us got here. She had the power to freeze things, right?" But for this, I don't think Bella needs a spoken answer. She's looking right at it.

"I'd like to know what's going on with my powers." I speak up, still looking at the frozen water bottle.

Cleo nods. "We all would."

"Wait a sec," I can almost see the light bulb turning on above Will's head. "If you have a new power," He points to me. "Then wouldn't everybody else have a new power?" His question makes each of us stunned.

Bella nods, thinking it over. "Maybe. There's only one way to find out.'' At this, she gets up and starts walking towards the door. "Come on guys, we're going to mako."

Once all of us are out the door, Will with his gear, we jump off the pier. The warm water calms me and I feel almost weightless. I always love the feeling of getting in the water and transforming. It takes all my worries away.

But not today. Today it brings a new worry.

When I look down at my tail, it's red. Not orange like it always has been.

Red.