RIKKI ✔️

It's beautiful. I've never seen a place with so much beauty; so much life.

Color is everywhere. Some colors I didn't even know existed. There a millions of species of sea life. Little fish swim around me, their scales tickling at my tail. I laugh at them, the bubbles escaping from my mouth. I quickly cover my mouth, scared I'll lose my breath. But then I remember I can breathe underwater.

This is crazy.

"Whose this?" A new voice says. I turn away from all the scenery, seeing a girl a little younger than me. Her skin is tan. Her deep brown eyes stare at me curiously as her black hair swirls around her. I look down, already knowing I was expecting it, but still amazed.

A long, slender mauve colored tail replaces her legs.

"I don't know," The dolphin replies. "She's weird."

The mermaid smiles at me, "Oh, hi then, Weird."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm Rikki," I mutter a reply.

"Oh, okay. Rewind," She giggles, bubbles spitting out of her nose. "Hi, Rikki. My name is Shelby."

I force a small smile to form on my lips.

How is this happening? I thought we were the only mermaids: me, Cleo, Bella, and Emma. It's just us.

"So, what pod are you from?" The girl ask, smiling at me.

I give her a look of confusion once again. "Pod?"

"Yeah, you know, where you're from?" She prompts.

"The land," I say.

Her eyes almost bulge out of her head. "The land? Your half human?"

"I guess,"

"Oh, no. You changed in the moon pool? The moon pool is destroyed. Oh, no." She says in a rush. She grabs my hand. "Come on,"

And once again, I'm being led even deeper into the depths of the ocean.