BELLA ✔️

The eery silence is finally broken by the slapping of a tail on the water. Rikki examines her red scales, twisting and turning in every which way. "At least it's my favorite color, right?" She states. "I always hated that ulgy, vomit orange-y color anyways." She chuckles.

Cleo widens her eyes, almost yelling at Rikki, "You think this is funny! Oh my gosh, how stupid can you be?! We are already different enough and now all of this is happening to us! Life isn't a joke anymore, Rikki!! Why can't you realize that!" After she says it, she quickly covers her mouth. Her face turns a bright red.

Rikki stares a Cleo for a second and opens her mouth to say something. After a second she closes it, shaking her head. She jumps into the water, her newly red tail slapping on the surface as she quickly leaves the moon pool.

Will and I look back at the red-faced Cleo. She runs a hand through her wet, brown hair, "You know what? We don't need a jokester around here anyways," She angerly continues, "This isn't a joke. This is real."

"Cleo, I think you went a little too far..." Will starts, but Cleo quickly cuts him off.

"Shut up, Will."

I look at Cleo in surprise. She has never been so mean to someone before. "What's wrong with you?" I ask her, tired of her behavior when we should be trying to figure out what is going on, not arguing with each other.

Cleo blinks her brown eyes, frantically looking throughout the dormant volcano and the beaten walls from when they were mined. She shakes her head when she looks back at us. "I need to think." She mumbles, slipping back into the water and bolting out of the underwater openning.

When I know she's gone I look at Will, "What just happened?"

He chuckles before he says, "I think we just witnessed some Mermaid Drama."

"Haha, very funny," I say sarcastically.