EMMA ✔️

Mom leaves after a while, still mad at me. I know that I must seem like a horrible daughter in her eyes, but I can't help it. I can't tell her. It just can't happen.

My tail dries at least ten minutes after she leaves. I can't stand being cooped up in that room any longer, so I decide to roam the hotel building for a bit, get my mind off of things.

People walk along everywhere, some dripping wet, making me have to watch everywhere I walk.

"Oops, sorry!" Someone says as I'm knocked to the ground once again today. "Here, let me-" The guy stops his hand pausing mid-air. "Oh, my gosh. Emma?"

It's Luke, the hot guy who knocked me down earlier. I stand myself up, brushing off my behind. "Ha, it's you again." I laugh, shaking my head. After the fight with my mother, I'd forgotten about him entirely.

"Are you okay?" He says, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair.

I nod. "Fine. It didn't hurt that bad." I smile. I somehow feel kind of giddy. After me and Ash broke up, saying our relationship wouldn't work so long distance, I never really wanted to flirt or to find another guy. Ash was the only guy I liked, but now, I'm beginning to see things differently.

He sees right through me. "No, I mean. Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"Huh, I'm fine. Just tired. Been swimming a lot." I lie, hoping this conversation will end.

"Really? I didn't see you swimming when I went down to the pool." He sounds questioning. He's narrowing his eyebrows, trying to put the pieces together.

I hope he doesn't hear the trembling in my voice. "Well, uh, I went this morning."

He nods. "Oh, I see,"

"Yeah,"

He holds up his towel. "Well, are you up for another one?"

"No! No swimming!" I almost scream. He looks at me in suprise. Crap. I messed up. "Um, I'm really tired. I kind of just want to sit down. You know?"

He nods. "Yeah. We can just sit outside if you want. Is that okay?"

I smile, warming up to him. He's trying so hard. "I guess,"

Every feature on his face brightens up. "Good. Here, this way." He holds out a hand in the direction of the door. I smile and look down at my feet, walking towards the door to the pool. He quickly gets infront of me, openning it and allowing me to walk through.

"Thank you," I say, smiling up at him. He's about a head taller than me. I think about us kissing, him bending over slightly, me on my tip toes, my lips on his and-

What am I even thinking? I just met him!

"No problem." He says, closing the door behind him.

We pick some seats.

I stare at the water, the only thing on my mind the fact that if I get splashed, I'll grow a tail in a matter of seconds, and this guy plus about 40 other people will see it.