BELLA ✔️

After a couple hours swimming around and enjoying the views of the ocean, Will and I decide to head back to his boat house.

I swim slowly so our strides are in sync and stop every minute or so for him to catch a breath of air. At one point, he motions for me to come up with him.

"You think the girls are gonna be okay?" He says, his eyebrows furrowed with worry.

I smile, "They're fine. They'll get over it soon. Don't worry about it." I say to him, ducking back under the water.

We finally arrive at the dock and Will helps me dry off.

"I don't know, Cleo and Rikki barely get in fights. This is kind of big." He mutters to me as he rubs my tail with a beach towel.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Where have you been? There's nothing to worry about. They're always in an argument!"

I hear foot steps running up the dock.

Crap! I think, quickly jumping into the water and hiding underneath the dock.

After a second Will's voice rings through the water, "Bella, it's just Cleo,"

I stick my head out of the water frowning at Cleo, "I was almost dry . . ." I trail off once I see Cleo's frantic expression. "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head violently, unable to get any words out of her mouth. "Rik-rik!" Her hands fly in the air, pointing towards the water.

"Calm down," I pull myself in the deck, starting to dry myself off again. "Is this about Rikki?"

She nods, finally calming down. "She followed the d-dolphin. It took her to this place. She was breathing underwater." She almost shrieks the last part, "THERE ARE OTHER MERMAIDS!"

My jaw almost falls to the floor. "What did you say?"