BELLA ✔️

"Will!" I yell as I knock on his door.

He quickly opens it with a large smile on his face, but once he notices that the girls are behind me he frowns. "Are they coming with us? I thought it was just us," He ask, referring to the date to the movies we had planned for this evening.

I shake my head, "I don't think we can go. Somethings . . . come up."

He raises an eyebrow. "Mermaid stuff?"

Cleo nods, her eyes wide. "Yessss,"

"Come in." He says, his head down, watching his feet. I know that he's disappointed, but I hope that when he hears what we have to say, he'll understand. He always loves when mermaid business starts going kind of crazy. He loves solving mysteries.

"Sorry, Will." Cleo says, being the only sympathitic person here. "But this is super important."

Will nods, sitting down on the couch and motioning for us to follow. "What is it?" His voice is full of curiousity.

"Well, we kind of heard a fish speak." I start after both of the girls sit without a response.

Will shakes his head, questioning what he's heard. "What?"

"She's right. Cleo's fish... it talked to us, and a dolphin spoke to me on my way back from mako." Rikki speaks, making everyone turn to look at her. She's sitting away from the lot of us, since all of us are taking up the space on the couch. Her hands are straight against her legs, tapping them in an upbeat rythme.

"What?" Will says, but I don't think he's referring to the fact that we can now talk to sea creatures. I look in the direction he is looking in, seeing ice covering his swimming trunks, which look to be a bit damp. "Why?"

Cleo blurts, "Emma?" Emma. The name I've only heard a few times before in tales about the summers before I arrived. The other mermaid who had to leave for a family trip.

"Oh, no." Rikki's voice is only a whisper, but we all hear it. I look to see her holding out her hands. She looks up, seeing a bottle of water sitting near Will. She lifts her hand out, making it flat. "I have... Emma's powers?"

The bottle, along with the water inside it, is frozen.