EMMA ✔️

Once I get into the hotel room, I flop on my bed. I don't have a tail or anything, I just do it for the dramatic affect. Going across the world brings a lot of stress. I've made a couple of friends over the past few months, some who I truly consider as a good friend like Rikki, and Cleo, but those friendships never last. I always have to say goodbye when my parents tell us that we are going to another place. And soon, they stop calling, texting, and emailing.

The door opens slightly and I look up to see my mum.

Oh, goody. I think to myself as I sink even lower into the soft bed.

"Hey, Em." She takes a position onto the bed, sitting super close to me. Her body is wrapped in a towel, but I still slide a little farther away, to scared that she might get me wet. At that, she shows a look of concern. "Are you okay"

"Fine," I answer, plastering an artificial smile on my face.

She nods, but I know she won't let that cut. "You know if there's anything going on you can-"

I shake my head, anger growing inside me. "I'm fine, mum! Really!"

I look up to see that she's getting angry too, "Look, Emma. I know you are not so good around water anymore, although I don't know the reason why, but can you please try to act like your having fun here? We are going to go someplace else in the next few weeks, so you won't have to deal with this place much longer. But for the now, please try. Me and your dad are begining to worry about you."

My eyes widen. Mum has never gotten very mad at me before, making this a first. "I'm fine. I just..." I pause. What can I say? That I'm afraid of water because I'm a mermaid or that I miss Austraila where all my best friends are. No, I have to be quiet.

"What, Emma? You can tell me." She says, getting closer.

I shake my head, "I can't, mum. "

''Why?"

My eyes begin to get teary. "Are you crying?" She questions, getting closer. She touches my arm. I look down to see droplets of water on my arm. I quickly get up and run into the small hotel bathroom. A couple seconds later, I'm flat on the floor, my tail creating a loud thud as it hits the floor tiles.

"Uh," I mumble putting my hand to my face. I look down at my tail, caught off guard by the sight.

My tail is silver.