EMMA ✔️

Water splashes everywhere and I try not to be paraniod about it. But I just can't help it. I don't want to pop a tail.

And definetly not in front of a full on 20 foot long swimming pool.

My mother comes up to me, "Em, why don't you come for a swim? The pool is nice and cool."

Her wet hand almost touches my thigh and I quickly move away, "No, I don't think so. I'd rather go back to the hotel. Can I?"

Mum looks at me with concern, "I know that you are going through some recent changes," I smile at that. If only you knew, Mum. You would understand. "But can you try to have a little time with your family.''

''Mum, please. I don't want to talk about this. Can I please go." I hold up the book I've been pretending to read, "I don't want this getting wet." I don't add the part about me not wanting to get wet either.

She nods, "Go ahead. I'll be there to talk to you in a bit."

Talk? Ugh.

I don't say anything, though. I get up and walk towards the hotel, book in hand to make sure my mother doesn't think I am lying.

Which I am.

I've been lying about everything to my family. It wasn't that hard at first, but when I left Cleo and Rikki, it felt like a huge weight that only I had to carry. I never thought I'd say this about Rikki, but I really miss her and the same with Cleo. It's been so hard keeping my secret.

I bump into someone in the mist of my thoughts, "Oh," I say, falling to the ground because of the impact.

"Sorry. Are you okay?" I look up to see a brown haired boy infront of me. He's hot. Really hot. And not wet, so I'm good. "Huh?"

"Oh, yes. I'm fine." I quickly get up and wipe my hands on my shorts.

He looks at me quizically, "Are you... Austrailan?"

I nod, "Yeah,"

"Wow," His eyes widen. "Born in the country, huh?" He laughs.

I smile and give a little laugh, knowing that it's good to be friendly, and then begin to walk away.

"Wait. What's your name?" The boy says, grabbing my shoulder.

I look back, "Emma. You?"

"Luke. Nice to meet you." He says. I nod and walk away, rushing to get into the safe indoors.

Once I reach the elevator leading to me and my families room, I smile.

I'm not going to lie, that Luke guy was kind of hot.