CLEO ✔️

"Pass me a towel, will you?" I ask Rikki once she's steamed her tail off.

Bella looks at me, concerned. She has her hands in a fist, steam coming off her green colored tail. "Cleo, we can us Rikki's powers now, you know? You don't need a towel."

She has a point. We all have more powers, something we should all be taking advantage of, but I'm too scared to test anything out. "I don't want to . . ." I trail off, " . . . can someone please just pass me the stupid towel?"

Rikki rolls her eyes as she takes a towel from the railing of Will's pier. He always has them out there, knowing that we'll need something to dry off with once we come back from a swim.

"Hey, guys," Will walks out the back door right as I finish drying myself. "What happened?" He ask curiously.

"Umm," Bella says, "a lot."

He leads us inside, each of us grabbing a soda from the fridge and then taking a seat in the small living room to tell Will of our adventures.

***

"Well, don't one of you have Emma's phone number or something? We have to get in contact with her." Will ask after we explain the happenings of the day.

Rikki nods, "Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's not the right one. She must have gotten a new phone or something . . . she stopped answering my calls about a month ago."

"Same with me," I say.

Bella butts in, "How are we supposed to get her out of America and here in only two days if we can't even reach her?"

Will agrees with her, "She's got a point. We can't worry about her right now. It's impossible to get her here in time. Let's just hope that what's happening to you guys isn't happening to her." He states.

Rikki furrows her brows at him, anger in her features. "Umm, but it is. She was with us when we changed. She changed with us. Darla told us—"

"She might be wrong!" Bella interrupts Rikki mid-sentence.

Rikki huffs angrily, "Of course you're agreeing with him. You're his girlfriend! You haven't even met Emma!" And with that she storms away once more, the back door slamming behind her and a loud splash heard just seconds later.

Will looks around dumbfounded, "Umm, okay then . . ."