CLEO ✔️

"What color?"

"That green over there would look nice with my eyes. Don't you think?" Bella says, pointing to a bottle of a green nail polish that lays on my bed.

I nod, "Kay,'' I bend over stretching as far as I can to reach the polish bottle, to lazy to go and get it. Once I finally get it, I give it a quick shake, knowing that this polish has never been used. I don't like the color green, but Bella surely does. "You are going to look amazing on your date with Will," I say.

Bella giggles, "Yeah," she sticks out her hand and allows me to start painting. "Have you kept in touch with Louis?"

I nod, "Phone calls every night." The topic of Louis makes me a little upset, so I try to change to subject. "You-"

"Guys! Guys!" Someone comes in, the door slamming into the wall. The nail polish falls out of my hands, splashing onto my covers and staining them green.

I look up, "Rikki?! My sheets are ruined because of you." I motion towards the gooey green polish seeping through the blanket.

"Sorry." She raises her eyebrow and frowns a little, questioning herself. "Actually, I'm not sorry. This is important."

Bella looks down at the puddle of nail polish and then at Rikki, "What is it?"

Rikki breathing hard and holding her rib cage, "I'm not crazy. Got it?'' She says, waiting for both of us to answer.

"Got it," Bella says, willing her to go on.

Rikki looks at me, raising an eyebrow. "Okay. Sure," I say, shrugging.

She smiles smuggly, "Okay, good." Her features suddenly change. She's now very serious. "I heard a dolphin," She says.

"Of course you heard a dolphin. We hear them all the time in the water. No big deal." I smile, thinking of the chirpings the dolphins make as I glide by them in the water.

Rikki shakes her head, "No. This dolphin- it talked to me. It asked me for my name! I swear!" She sounds so serious, I almost believe her.

But then again, dolphins can't talk.

"Rikki-" I began, but I can't finish because someone interupted. We all look around, looking for the owner of the soothing voice.

"Hello, Cleo."

The only other living thing in the room is Henry, my bulging eyed gold fish.