CLEO ✔

TWO MONTHS LATER

I reread the text message that's been on my phone for the past 15 minutes.

I'll be there in 30 minutes. See you soon <3

I smile at the short message on my screen, my heart tingling with excitement.

Over the past month, Lewis and I have grown much, much closer. A phone call, something that had grown to become a rare occurance over the past year, became something we did every night. He told me of how he was homesick--how he missed me. Sometimes our calls would last into the early morning hours. Our conversations soon became the highlight of my day. I couldn't wait to talk with Lewis.

And now I'll be seeing him in person. In merely 10 minutes Lewis and I will be looking each other in the eyes once again.

Of course, we have changed. We've started new lives. I know that this might be the last time I'll see him, so because of that knowledge I will relish in our time together. I'm going to make the best of it. I'll make certain that I'll never forget the next 4 days.

A feminine voice calls Flight 21's arrival through the speakers. Lewis's flight. I watch as hundreds of people get off the plane, looking for his messy mop of blonde hair. Mothers carrying their crying children pass through the exit; tourist smiling as they pull down their sunglasses; retired couples holding hands and their luggage; and then him. He scans the room, his eyes landing on mine in only seconds.

My heart flutters. I watch as he walks towards me, coming into view. His taller, more masculine, faint blonde scruff across his chin.

"Cleo," He says, smiling his big wide smile. "I've missed you so much."

He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a familiar hug.

***
That's a wrap on Cleo. I hope you guys enjoyed the Cleo and Lewis moment!
Caroline