CLEO ✔️

"Why is this happening to us?" I ask, going through everything that could have happened to make us get this new power.

Rikki and Bella shake their heads, "I don't know," Rikki motions to the smartphone on my nightstand. "Call Lewis. He might help." Bella nods in approval. Bella hands me the phone and I unlock it. I dial Lewis's number and wait for him to answer.

"Cleo..." He says , yawning. My heart skips a beat at the sound of his voice.

I smile at the girls and nod, saying that he answered. They smile back. "Hey, Lewis. I have something important to tell-"

"It's one in the morning, and I have a huge exam tomorrow. Can you call back later?" He cuts me off, his voice cold.

My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach at his slightly harsh words. "This won't take long." I say quietly, hoping he will listen.

His voice sounds annoyed on the other end, that I had woken him up. It's weird. Lewis never used to get annoyed, although I know he's changed so much. Just not that dramatically. "What is it?"

"We have a new power."

He sounds super suprised when he says, "What?!"

I start explaining, "Rikki came to my house and told me and Bella she heard a dolphin talking to her at Mako. We didn't believe her until we heard Henry-"

"Henrietta. Please," I turn to see my goldfish rolling it's bobbly eyes at me.

I correct my self, "-Henrietta speaking to us."

"Whose Henrietta?" He ask, sounding much more awake than before.

"My fish. She said not to call her Henry because she's a girl." I explain quickly.

"Ohhh..." He mumbles in realization, but I don't think he completely gets it. "Cleo, I'm sorry, but I can't help you. I'm all the way on the other side of the ocean, plus I still have no idea what is going on. Why don't you ask Will. He'd be more help than I am over here." I hear another voice on the other end. "I've gotta go, Cleo. My roommate is getting mad."

I nod, although he can't see me, "'Kay. I love you,"

"I love you, too." He says, but it doesn't sound meaningful. He's moved on.

Rikki is the first to start conversation. "So, what he say?''

I look at the two of them, ''He said he can't help, but Will might be able to." I leave out all the bad.

Bella nods and gets up, "I'm supposed to be going over there anyway. Let's just go,"

Rikki and I follow her to the door. "Sam, we're going out!" I call, since she's the only one at home. She quit work a while ago, saying that she needed all day off to keep up with our family's mess. The other two are out. Dad being gone fishing and Kim at school.

"Where?" I hear her voice from the kitchen along with clanging pans.

"Will's place. We are going to..." I look at the girls for something that sounds like the truth to say.

Rikki buds in, "Research some colleges that we can go to."

"Oh, sounds good. Come back before six, Cleo!"

"'Kay!" I smile and Bella, Rikki, and I walk out of the door.

"I'm not going to some stupid college, so forget it." Rikki grumbles, turning down our hopes.

Bella frowns, "Oh, come on, Rikki! College will be good for you."

''Nope." Rikki's curly bun moves from side to side as she shakes her head.

"We could be room-" Bella starts.

"No way, dude."