RIKKI ✔️

"We should have brought a board game or something." Jess says, crossing her legs on the cold hard rock. "It's so boring in here. And ugly."

I scan the cave, looking at the completely battered walls.

Honestly, it is ugly in here—nothing like the simple times we had coming in to see the beautiful cave and gossip about school and boys and just about anything.

I would never tell the others . . . but I miss it so much. I miss our girly mermaid times.

"Yeah, what happened in here?" Emma says, grabbing a lose rock from the floor.

"Zane," I say through my teeth, just the mention of his name angering me. "And Will's sister tore this place apart. For the moon rock—for the magic."

Will frowns, "I'm really sorry about that."

Bella immediately grabs his shoulder and comforts him. "It's not your fault you're sisters crazy."

"Guys, guys. We only have thirty minutes. We need to start getting ready." Luke says, pulling himself up to stand. We all quickly follow after. My stomach fills with butterflies.

Can we really do this? Can I really do this? What happens if I ruin it for all of us? What happens if I mess up . . .

"Um, Rikki, isn't it?" I turn to see Jess in the water, her tail floating near the surface. "You okay?"

I nod, hopping in with everyone else. It's a little crowded, but I don't complain.

This might be the end of it all.

"15 minutes . . ." Luke says. I look up at the starry sky through the opening of the volcano. I will the moon to never show through that hole . . . to never come.

But it's coming. And I need to prepare. I need to summon all the strength I have in order to beat this.

***

So super duper sorry that this updated took so long. I'm so busy with the end of the school year approaching and so many test, ugh :(  Hopefully I'll be finishing this in the next three weeks.
Thanks,
Caroline