BELLA ✔️

Cleo and I swim through the water, her in the lead. She takes me deeper and deeper, where there are no more coral reefs. Why would any mermaid want to live here? I think to myself as I look around at the dull scenery.

"It's over here," Cleo says, bubbles trailing behind  her as she speaks. Her words still surprise me, even after she had explained to me that we were able to breath underwater.

I look around, still only seeing nothing but water, rock, and sand. "I don't see anything."

Cleo looks at me, her big brown eyes growing  even bigger. "Yeah, I know. That's the weird part." She points to a clear patch of water, "But I swear they went through right there."

"Went through what?" I ask.

She sticks her hand out in the water, it vanishing from her wrist, the water sparkling magically around it. "The portal." Before I can ask any more questions, she's completely disappeared.

"Oh my gosh, Cleo?!" I call out, looking at the spot where she disappeared.

Could she really be right? Could there really be a portal leading to a world of other mermaids?

I hear Cleo's voice through the water, "I'm right here." She says, but I still see nothing. "Come on, this place is amazing."

Before I can doubt myself, I swim towards her voice and am met with a world of absolute wonder.

Coral blankets the sand, seaweed tickling at my fins. Dolphins and all sorts of fish swim around me, smiling as they play around me.

"Isn't it beautiful, Bella? I never knew this could have existed." I look up to see Cleo, who's looking around at the beautiful surroundings.

I follow her gaze, new things to see in every direction. "Neither did I,"

"We have to keep focused, though. We have to find Rikki." Cleo says, "Come on, let's start looking."