RIKKI ✔️

Seeing Emma on my rage swim was a great surprise. She looked different: her hair was blonder and in a bob cut, her skin was less tan, and, of course, her tail was a shimmering silver. She acted slightly different, too. She wasn't so fierce and seeking perfection . . . she was calmer now. I kind of thing it fits better on her.

"Who's this?" The blonde girl says. Her tail is a vivid orange, and the boy's beside her is just the same. They have to be siblings. Possibly twins.

Emma waves her hand at me, "This is Rikki—one of my old friends."

"She's one of you, too? Half mer?" The
merman says. I'd wiggles my eyes at Emma when I first saw him. I'd seen the look in her eyes when she came into view. She likes this boy.

Emma nods, "Her tail isn't usually red . . . but it sure does fit on her better. Right, Rikki?" She laughs. She definitely hasn't lost the sarcasm.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes at her, but I can't hold back my grin. "Who are your new friends?" I ask, looking back at the blonde boy with the strong jawline.

"Jess," she points to the girl, "and Luke," she then looks at the identical boy. "They've helped me get here."

"Thank God. We need you." I say, grabbing her hand. "Come on, we need to go tell Cleo your here."

* * *

"Where are we?" Emma, Jess, and Luke say as we surface near Will's pier. I didn't want to come back here after my argument with Bella and Will, but I knew they'd all still be at his place.  They have learned not to chase after me when I'm stressed and mad. I need my time to cool down . . . literally.

"We're at Will's. You see that pier over there? We can dry off there." I say, swimming towards it.

Emma furrows her brows in confusion. "Will? Who's Will?"

"Bella's boyfriend." I say before I realize that Emma had never met Bella.

"Bella?"

I nod, pulling myself onto the pier and drying myself with my powers. "Bella's one of us. She came around after you left. She's been through a lot with us."

"Oh, she's a mermaid?" Emma ask in surprise.

I nod and stand once I've gotten my legs back. "Yeah," I answer. "Are you guys coming? Hurry up," I wipe my hands on my shorts, waiting for the tingling that comes after I use my powers to go away.

After only two minutes, the others have hopped onto the pier and dried themselves.

I smile at Emma and then turn to Luke and Jess. "Let's go surprise the crew!"