EMMA ✔️

"What are you talking about? Who are you?" I scream, trying to squirm away from him as he puts a towel to my tail.

"My name's Luke, like I told you before." He says as he scrubs at my tail with such force that I feel like my scales just might fall off. "Now, hurry up and dry. I need to get you to Jess,"

"Jess? Who's Jess? What's—"

He cuts me off, "My sister," he replies, swiftly picking me up as me tail magically turns back into legs.

"I can walk, thank you very much." I say as I squirm myself out of his arms and into a standing position.

He continues walking, grabbing my hand firmly and dragging me along. "Okay then, feisty. Now, hurry up and follow me,"

I pull my hand back, tumbling to the ground at the force it took to get my hand away. "No! I'm not going anywhere with you until you tell what's going on!"

"You're tail is silver." He started, "That's not right. Human tail are always that dull orange-ish color."

I nod, "And how would you even know that? How do you know about mermaids?"

"Duh," he says, sarcasm edging his voice. "'Cause I am one. Well, a merman. Can we please get moving. Something very wrong is happening here."

"What do you mean?" I ask, still having absolutely no clue what is going on.

He looks at me, his eyes going wide as he realizes that I'm still confused. "Emma, don't you get it? You're changing—you're changing into a real mermaid. Once you fully change, you'll never be able to live on land again." He pauses, watching my expression change from anger to pure fear. "I'm trying to help you here. We need to find Jess and then get you back to the moon pool you changed in before it's too late. Which is it?"

"The moon pool?" I ask, my mind completely blank as I try to process what I'm hearing.

He nods, "Yes, which moon pool changed you?"

"Mako. Mako Island,"