5

Rosie had had a long day at work, for some reason the children took a while to settle down whenever it came to getting on with work and it was mentally exhausting for her. It didn't help that it was Wednesday - one of the longest days of the week and the most boring, they always seemed to drag for her.

When she got home, she marked as much work as she could before starting dinner. Tonight her mum was coming over, they had arranged earlier on in the week for her mum to go over. Rosie didn't see her mum as much as she wished, she was always busy with work and her mum lived and worked on the other side of London, with Rosie not even living directly in London it was nearly a two hour journey to one another.

She felt close with her mum, that she could tell her most things. Growing up, although they moved around a lot and Rosie was often cared for by a nanny, they still managed to have a healthy relationship. She never resented her mother for her job which with many children was the case. She never felt abandoned or unimportant.

It was around five when Rosie's doorbell rang, she assumed it was her mother so answered with a huge smile, only to be confused when it was in fact a man with a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Miss Bellevue?"

"Yes?"

"For you," He handed her the vase. "Have a nice evening."

She smiled smelling the beautiful arrangement. "Thank you, you too."

She placed them on her kitchen side, plucking the card from within them.

Thinking of you, always.

H. x

She found her phone and called him straight away.

"Hello?"

"Hi, you." She smiled. "Thank you for my flowers, they're incredible."

"I'm glad you like them,"

"I do,"

"How was your day?" He was still at the office, a few things had gone wrong today and he was stressed. Hearing Rosie's voice however, made him almost completely relax.

"It was really long today, but a good day. My mums coming over for dinner soon so I'm just preparing food. How was your day?" She asked taking out things for dinner.

"Stressful," It was clear in his voice that he was tired and stressed, it was the first time she'd ever heard him like this. "I'm still here, at work." His voice was sore from the shouting he'd done earlier. And from the ridiculous amount of meetings he'd had.

"I'm sorry to hear that,"

"I'm happy to hear your voice," He smiles.

"Yours too. Are we still on for Friday?"

Harry sighs. "I don't know, because of today, things have gone wrong. If I don't catch up tonight and tomorrow then I might have to work through Friday too now. I'm really annoyed, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, honest." Rosie was a little disappointed but he can't help what happened today. "You can't control these things,"

"I'll see you Saturday though, yeah?"

"Of course. We can still spend Saturday together,"

"And Sunday?"

She laughs. "And sunday,"

"I've got to try and get some more work done so I'll speak to you later?"

"Yeah, don't let yourself get too stressed."

Harry sighed wiping his tires eyes. "I'll try, bye,"

"Bye Harry,"

Rosie ended the call before rushing to change into her comfy clothes. Her mum didn't care what she looked like so she made sure she was in the most comfortable clothes she had.

 Her mum didn't care what she looked like so she made sure she was in the most comfortable clothes she had

"This is beautiful," Rosie's mum complimented the salad she had made from scratch.

"Thanks, it only took me a few minutes,"

"The chicken is really nice too, I taught you to cook well," She laughs.

"You did,"

"So how have you been? Is work going well?"

Rosie nods, sipping her water. She had made it her goal to drink more water in the day to help with the headaches she's been getting, it's also down to the amount of stress she has on her mind too with work. "It's a little stressful, spring time is always a hard time, but i enjoy it still."

"Have you been getting your headaches?" Her mum asks, noticing the water.

"Yeah, not a lot only two or three a week but they're getting less and less."

"You need to make sure you drink a lot and stop when your body says to stop. Don't push yourself, you'll wear yourself out and get ill. And I don't want that for you, okay?"

Rosie nods, understanding her mother's concern. She suffered with severe headaches when she was a teen, when she had important exams or intense days filled with work she would often suffer with them.

"I appreciate you for being worried mum, thank you."

"You're my only baby, of course I'm going to worry."

Rosie smiled and they ate for a few minutes in silence.

"Beautiful flowers," Her mum observed them, as she sat looking at the beautiful bouquet in her daughter's kitchen window.

"Thanks, I know. They're really nice, right?"

"Yeah, they are."

"My.. Friend Harry bought them for me."

"Your friend Harry?" Her mum raised a brow. "You've met someone?"

Rosie took sudden interest in her food, always finding the topic of guys awkward with her mum. She much preferred talking to friends about relationships. "Yeah, he's called Harry."

"And.."

"And he's really nice, we've been on a couple dates, spent quite a bit of time together recently."

"And what does he do?"

"He works in the music industry, he's not a singer or anything, he's on the label side."

"Wow, and things are going okay?"

Rosie nods, a smile playing on her face. "Really well. I like him, a lot."

"Well, when it's time for me to meet him I'll look forward to it,"

Rosie smiled at the thought of Harry meeting her mum, she knows he'd be the perfect gentleman and charm her right into believing he was the greatest human on earth. "Me too mum."

_________

A/N:

Anyone see Harry on snl?? Anyone else feel so proud of his lil face????