19

Harry and Rosie were enjoying their holiday together, they had kind of made a routine already. In the morning they'd wake up, have breakfast, go for a swim then have lunch. After lunch they'd find something to do, get ready and go.

They'd enjoyed one to one time with one another, neither one wanting to think about the fact that when they got back home they'd both be working so much they might not be having this quality time together again for a while.

Today they had chilled around the cottage. They had decided because it was the mid-week they needed a day of doing nothing. They hadn't checked their emails, and were barely on their phones. Harry had to take a couple calls that were crucial but apart from that, nothing.

Harry had found a restaurant in the next town over to try tonight, he wanted to take Rosie for a romantic meal. They hadn't really done anything romantic this holiday.

Rosie huffed as she wiped her eye again.

"You okay, baby?" Harry asked straightening his tie.

"Eyeliner," She mumbled reapplying it again for the third time now.

Harry stayed quiet, makeup wasn't exactly his expertise.

Rosie sighed fully giving up now. "It's a little different to the other but it'll do. I can't be bothered anymore."

"You look gorgeous," Harry complimented, kissing her bare shoulder. She was still sat in a towel not entirely sure what dress she wanted to wear yet.

"Thank you,"

The pair headed out; the driver taking them to the restaurant. It was in a quaint little french town - Rosie had no idea how Harry found out about these places. He never failed to amaze her with these sort of things.

Rosie struggled as she tried to read the menu. "What's this?"

Harry looked for her. "A chicken dish,"

"I might go for chicken, I think chicken is always safe."

"I might have fish,"

"Hmm," Rosie wasn't a fan of fish at all. Ever since she was a child she's hated it.

They ordered their meals and smiled at one another as they sipped their wine.

"Are you enjoying yourself?"

Rosie took Harry's hand and stroked his thumb, she had the tendency to do that, she loved showing him small signs of affection whenever she could.

"I don't want it to end, I genuinely thought about extending a couple days but I know I can't."

"We could come back for your birthday?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"I feel like this is our little secret hide away," Harry joked.

"Only for you and me,"

He kissed her knuckles. "You and me,"

They talked through dinner, Rosie was happy she'd gone for the chicken dish as it was delicious. Harry didn't really enjoy his fish and ended up sending it back and asking for Rosie's dish.

"How do you speak French so well?" She asked.

"Just what I've learnt through life, we would holiday in France a lot as kids. My dad was fluent in so many languages."

"I'd love to be fluent in a language. I learnt Spanish at school but now I barely know 1-10."

"Well, there's Bonjour."

Rosie rolled her eyes. "I know that much,"

"Quelle heure est-il, s'il vous plaît?"

"What's that?"

"What time is it please?"

Rosie nodded.

"Erm, tu es belle."

"That means.."

"You are beautiful,"

Rosie felt her cheeks blushed and she felt almost shy that she still got shy around him.

"J'ai aimé passer du temps avec vous ici,"

Rosie raised an eyebrow.

"I have loved spending time with you here."

"You make it sound so easy and smooth,"

Harry laughed. "Je t'aime Rosie," His face got serious watching her facial expression.

Rosie knew what that meant. You don't have to be fluent to understand what that means.

"Je taime.. too," Rosie awkwardly laughed not knowing how it to say it fully in French.

Harry smiled. "I do love you, very much."

Rosie leant over to kiss him. She knew she loved him for a couple of months but she never knew when to say it or if he felt it too. But what better way than at a romantic meal in the middle of no where in Southern France?