80

- Four Years Later -

"Stand against the wall and just smile, please, both of you." Rosie ordered in a huff.

Elijah and Mila continued to play up and not listen to their mother.

Today was their first day at school. Elijah would be starting year one, and Mila would be attending the nursery part of the school. They both looked adorable in their school uniforms and all Rosie wanted was one nice photo.

"Come on guys, listen to mummy." Harry sighs adjusting Noah on his hip. Noah was just under a year old, his first birthday would be next month and Rosie couldn't believe it. She felt all her babies were growing up far too quickly.

"Mama," Noah reached for Rosie who handed her phone to Harry.

"You try and get them to stand still,"

"Okay. If you don't stand still and let me take at least two nice photos of you both I won't be taking you to the swimming centre on sunday."

Without another word the two of them stood against the wall and smiled.

"There," Harry laughs handing Rosie her phone back.

"Thank you," She locked her phone before picking up her bag. "Let's get into the car, get you to your first days of school."

When they arrived Mila jumped out the car happily taking her dad's hand and walking towards the school. Eli however, took some talking to.

"Ik ben bang mama."(I am scared mum). Rosie had taught Elijah and Mila Dutch from when they first started talking, she didn't really mind if they weren't fluent, but she wanted them to have some knowledge of it. Elijah had showed a lot of interest in the language recently, Mila however didn't enjoy learning it at all.

"Ik weet dat je mijn schat bent, maar het zal goed zijn. Ik beloof. Je moet vanaf nu Engels praten." (I know you are my darling but it will be okay. I promise. You must speak English from now.) She replied.

"I don't want to go any more, I want to stay with you, and Noah."

"But you're going into big class now, you're going to be doing lots of fun things. Me and Noah won't do anything fun today." Rosie smiled as she held Noah on her hip.

Elijah was a sensitive boy, sensitive in a way it worried Rosie with how sweet he was. He took everything on and he looked out for his siblings. He was quiet, an introvert who loved to read and play alone.

Mila however, she was Harry's character through and through. She knew what she wanted, she had her wits about her and she didn't hold any prisoners. She was confident and brash.

"But I won't know anyone,"

"You will, a lot of your friends will be there. That won't change, and you can also make new friends. That's fun isn't it?"

"I have tummyache." He held his stomach.

Rosie recognised this as anxiety, she too felt this at his age.

"Well, I'll come in with you. I'll speak to your teacher and if you're really unhappy she can call me and I'll fetch you, yeah?"

Elijah nods slowly getting down from the car. "You'll definitely come and get me?" He asks taking her hand as they walk towards the gate where Harry and Mila were waiting.

"One hundred percent," She promises.

"What took you so long?" Mila asks excitedly. "I want to meet my teacher!"

Dropping Mila in her class was no problem, they both kissed her goodbye as well as Elijah before she ran over to the fruit table and chose a pear to eat.

Dropping Elijah off was a little different. He began to cry once they reached his classroom. Harry took Noah from Rosie so she could speak with his teacher and explain his nerves. She was able to sit in his class for the first ten minutes, Harry waited out in the car.

"Is he okay?" Harry asked when Rosie climbed in the car, swiping a tear away.

"Fine," She nods. "He was with two friends."

"Are you okay?"

She smiles at him. "Just a little emotional, the both of them are gone."

Harry laughs. "They're not gone, just starting that new step. You've still got Noah to keep you entertained."

Rosie turned to check on him, he instantly grabbed her finger. "Yeah, he still needs me."

Harry kissed her quickly before putting the car in drive. "And me, I'll always need you."