43

Rosie couldn't lie to herself; she had thought about Harry ever since she saw him last week. She felt herself wanting to see him. She wanted to know how he'd been, what he'd been up to. Hear stories about LA. She felt a pull towards him knowing he was back here.

She had wished she asked more questions and that they weren't so awkward around one another, she had wished she could talk to him for longer.

Rosie smiled walking into Zayn's place, taking off her shoes and jacket before putting the kettle on to make some tea.

"You'll never guess what," Zayn grinned, kissing her as a hello before looking back at the laptop perched on the kitchen table.

"What babe?"

"That Styles guy, the one you said is an old friend?"

Rosie straightened her back. "Yeah, what about him?"

"He bought five pieces," He laughed in pure shock.

Rosie stood stunned. "As in.. art pieces?"

Zayn nodded. "Look," He pointed at his screen that showed the invoice.

"Holy shit this is millions,"

Zayn's eyes were wide. "I know, nearly five million."

"Fuck," Rosie whispered.

"It's mad isn't it? Maybe you said something that persuaded him to buy them," Zayn laughed.

Rosie forced a smile. "Yeah.. maybe."

"Whatever, all I know is I'm going to be fucking loaded."

Rosie frowned, not liking the attitude. "Money isn't everything,"

Zayn shrugged. "It helps,"

Rosie wandered back to the kettle to make her tea thinking about what he said. When Zayn left to go shower Rosie took a quick look at his laptop, taking note the number and address of Harry's office and building, quietly shutting it when she finished.

"FMC Music, how may I help?."

"Hello, I'm trying to get through to Mr Harry Styles if that is at all possible," Rosie spoke as polite and articulate as she could.

"Mr Styles is a very busy man I'm afraid, and has very little time for phonecalls but I can pass on a message for you."

Rosie squinted, drawing doodles into her notepad as she grew annoyed. "No, no. It's fine, just let him know Miss R Bellevue is on the line. He'll want to speak with me." She confidently suggested.

"Like I said Miss Bellevue, Mr Styles is very-"

"And like I said, let him know..thank you."

"If you could hold the line,"

Rosie smiled. "Happily,"

There were two beeps before she heard Harry's voice, smug that she knew this would happen.

"Hello? Rosie? You okay?"

"Hi Harry.. I'm fine. Yourself?"

"I'm okay, little surprised." He awkwardly laughs. "But a pleasant surprise."

"Where's Florence and Louisa? Your new PA sucks by the way."

"Oh..Florence is doing errands, Louisa left after having her baby. She had health issues and decided to leave,"

"Oh," Rosie pouts. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, now she is. I think."

"Well, whoever you replaced her with should be careful who she speaks to."

Harry smiled, missing her sass. "She gave Miss Bellevue some lip?" He smirks.

"Nah, no one ever gives me lip. Nothing I can't handle."

Harry laughs. "Got to keep you on your toes somehow."

Rosie smiled. "Anyway, I was calling for a reason."

Harry cleared his throat. "Right,"

"You bought my boyfriend's paintings for millions?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Harry, why?"

"Because I wanted to.. And I can."

"No, you don't even like that type of art." She rolled her eyes. "You like antique pieces not his style." She remembered his home very well.

"Got your attention though, didn't I?" Harry laughs coy.

"Harry,"

"Meet me for lunch,"

"No,"

"Brunch?"

"Harry,"

"One of the two, my treat."

"No,"

"Why?"

"Because I have a boyfriend and you have a girlfriend."

Harry was quiet for a moment. "But this will be a friendly brunch, or lunch. Nothing romantic."

Rosie sighed.

"We didn't catch up properly, and like you said to your boyfriend - I'm just an old friend." Harry smirked not being able to deny the fact when he heard her say it it hurt a little, but he understood why she did.

"Where?"

"I'll find somewhere nice, pick you up around 11:30 tomorrow?"

"Not somewhere nice, and I'll make my way there myself."

"Fine, somewhere disgusting with maggots in their lasagnes."

Rosie rolled her eyes. "You know what I meant. Somewhere normal, not.. fancy with candles."

"Fine, no candles."

Rosie swallowed hard. "See you tomorrow then,"

"See you tomorrow Rosie," Harry couldn't fight the smile. "Bye."

"This is going to end badly, Rosie." Bella warned.

Rosie had escaped spending a night at Zayn's to go to Bella's instead.

"It won't, it's just lunch,"

"Oh please, you know that you two can't just have lunch."

"We can and we will,"

Bella sipped her wine. "Why does he want to have lunch anyway? For what purpose?"

"To talk,"

Bella raised an eyebrow. "To talk? About what? He should have talked to you when he decided to leave you. You have both moved on, it's been two years. I'm sorry if i sound harsh but I'm sceptical, I just think he's someone you should leave in the past."

Rosie sighed. "I genuinely think we could be friends."

Bella raised an eyebrow. "And does Zayn know you're meeting him?"

"No, but I'll say I'm meeting a friend, because I am."

"A friend who is actually your ex who you fell madly in love with in a short space of time only for him to break your heart."

"Bella,"

"What? I'm just being upfront with you,"

They both sipped their wine whilst watching tv quietly. Rosie didn't want to talk any more, whatever Bella said didn't really go through to her. She was still going to meet with him, no matter what the consequences.