42

Rosie smiled at herself in the mirror, confident in her outfit.

"You look amazing babe," Zayn complimented as he kissed her. "Really amazing,"

"Thank you," She smiled, his cologne hitting her. It was the smell of Zayn, whenever she smelt it on the street she thought of him. She loved it. He always smelt divine, but when they went somewhere special he'd smell extra magnificent.

She had told him over and over that he could so easily get a modelling contract if he wanted, in awe of his eyes and sharp jawline. She always made fun of magazines that spoke about jawlines, but that all changed when she met him. His eyes were her favourite asset, obsessed with their colour and how easily he could go from looking innocent to smug and sexy. He was effortlessly gorgeous.

"Excited?" She asked as Zayn drove them to his gallery opening.

"Nervous,"

She watched as he bit his lip, his hands tight around the wheel. Zayn was quite a quiet man, shy and content by himself. Rosie had at first felt a little unsure of him because she was so used to Harry's extrovert personality, someone who could go into any situation and be fine with it, talk the talk.

But Zayn was different, a good different. He thought about things beforehand, always there with an answer when she needed reassuring. He was intelligent beyond belief but he didn't shout about it, he was subtle. Rosie had to in a way prepare him for when he met her friends, especially Bella, because she knew she was an overwhelming character who could sometimes push things and she didn't want Zayn to be uncomfortable.

"You'll be fine, I promise." She took one hand and played with his fingers as he drove. "You're an amazing artist who creates pieces that are out of this world. You're opening a gallery because of how amazing you are, don't be nervous babe. You deserve this,"

He smiled, looking at her for a split second before looking back at the road. Zayn was always surprised when Rosie spoke like this, so honest and true. Sometimes she was so busy and running round that he thought maybe she didn't notice things but really, she did. She noticed everything.

"Thanks babe,"

"You're welcome,"

Rosie drank her champagne happily as she walked around the gallery. Zayn had invited close friends and family as well as important business people, art buyers; basically really rich people who he knew would want to buy his stuff.

She stood talking to Zayn's mum about her birthday, inviting her down for the barbecue she had decided she was having a couple of weeks ago.

"I'll make some food and bring it down," Trisha offered.

"You can if you want, but Zayn and I will also be cooking too."

"Of course, it's what our family do. I wouldn't be me if I didn't bring anything."

Rosie smiled sipping her champagne. "I don't know yet whether I'm doing alcohol as well or not."

"Just do whatever you want, people don't have to drink it if they don't want to."

Rosie nodded as she looked up, her eyes instantly catching his.

She felt her breath escape her, her entire body still. She couldn't look away and neither could he. She felt sick, butterflies fluttering in her stomach. He had a great tan - but why wouldn't he if he's been in LA for how long? But is he back now? Rosie wasn't sure why she was asking herself these questions. His hair was shorter, a lot shorter. He seemed broader than before, like he'd worked out everyday for the past two years.