56

Rosie was excited to meet Bella's new man. When they met up for a lunch date and catch up the week before she had spoken so highly of him that she was intrigued to meet him. It appeared that Bella was smitten. And after Niall, Rosie was so happy for her.

"He's got a good job, he can take care of her - not that Bella needs taking care of," Rosie explained to Harry as she finished getting ready.

Harry stood waiting watching her flit around in a rush. "So he seemed good for her?"

"Very, and she's so happy. That's the main thing,"

"Should be a nice evening then,"

Rosie smiled putting in her earrings. "Yeah,"

They got to the restaurant before Bella and Jonathan which was no surprise as Bella is late for everything.

The two ordered their drinks talking quietly until they were approached by an excitable Bella.

Harry at first felt awkward, the last time he saw her she was emptying his place with Rosie's things.

"Glad to see you on better terms," Bella laughed instantly breaking the awkward air.

"You too, you look well."

"As do you," She smiled.

The four of them sat, Rosie had politely introduced herself to Jonathan. He seemed nice, first impressions were that he was handsome, tall and smelt nice. But Rosie couldn't help but feel a certain air around him.

The four of them ordered their meals before breaking into conversation.

"I love St Lucia," Announced Jonathan after hearing about their trip. "I went there a lot in my teens, mum and dad owned a villa there."

"It's very pretty." Rosie smiled sipping her wine.

"Jonathan has villas all over now," Bella smiles looking at him.

Neither Rosie or Harry cared but both nodded with interest. That was what they liked about each other. Rosie knew that Harry had, she knew that he never asked for anything but he never showed it off, only when he wanted to annoy her. He wasn't one to boast or brag. Harry liked that Rosie looked beyond his things and money. He liked that she was the only woman in his life to fight him about money and push it away. She wanted cheap, easy dates not luxury.

"Bella said you're a columnist?"

"Yeah part time, I work in a school as an advisor, that's my main job."

"So no full time work?" Jonathan asked.

Rosie was a little surprised by his question, it felt like he was passing judgement on her.

"I work four days a week in a school, then the rest of my time is taken up by writing for my column." Rosie explains.

Harry watched Jonathan carefully not liking the way he talked down to Rosie. He knew she could handle herself and didn't need him but he knew that he wouldn't stay quiet if it continued. He recognised Jonathan but he couldn't quite remember where from. He had been quite quiet whilst he observed him, trying to think of where he knew him from.