70

"Nervous?" Harry asked as they waited.

Rosie shook her head. "Excited, why would I be nervous?"

Harry shrugged. "I always get nervous butterflies,"

"We're going to find out if we're having a son or daughter, I feel nothing but excitement,"

Rosie had told Harry and her mum how her meeting with her dad the other day went. They were both happy for Rosie that she had met him and finally got a little closure. They fully supported her wanting to get to know him and her siblings but also understood it would take time for her to get used to her new family.

"Right so you're here for a little check up and gender reveal." The ultrasound technician smiled as she sat next to Rosie who lay on the bed.

"Yes," Rosie lifted her top and let her apply the cool jelly before getting started.

"Baby seems fine and normal, legs and feet and very well developed, they'll even have nails on their hands and feet," She informs.

"Wow," Rosie smiles looking at the screen in amazement. He or she looked like a a real baby now.

"I'm happy with this, they're very healthy and strong. And I know you're dying to know the gender and I will get to that, but I want to just give you a couple pointers about the next couple months as your next scan will again be in around six weeks at five and a half months pregnant."

Rosie nods while Harry holds her hand.

"You won't be really feeling any movement just yet. Some parents don't feel anything at all, and some feel it from an early stage. But feeling movement isn't just yet so don't panic about that, I know some parents think that because they are now forming into little humans that you can feel them moving. The second trimester is when you should plan the most and really start to think about maternity leave and giving yourself plenty of breaks and exercise, even if it's just a walk to the local park. Tiredness is very common this trimester and some mothers feel more tired in their second trimester than their third. So that's something to be conscious of from now on. Also, skin rashes are very common during the second trimester, so be careful with makeup and moisturisers - the things you use daily and try not to use products with high volumes of perfume in, this is just the hormones in your body changing. Try to not eat late in the evening, and foods high in vitamin C are good for the blood vascular walls."

Rosie took it all in, wanting to make sure she got it all right so she could get through the second trimester as well as her first. Her first trimester had more or less been a dreamy experience and she hoped the second would be the same.

"Do you have any questions?"

"Do I have to change anything about my sleep?" Rosie asked curiously.

"Plenty of it, a good eight hour sleep and nap in the day if you feel necessary. Baby will be getting bigger and bigger by the day and taking more and more from you so if you need sleep, accept it. Also pregnancy pillows will be coming in handy, they're great. I had one for all three of my pregnancies."

Rosie smiled. "You have children?"

The technician nodded. "Two boys and a girl,"

"How old?"

"Six, eight and eleven."

"Nice ages,"

The lady laughed. "Yeah, sometimes." She joked making Rosie laugh.

"So, shall we find out what you're having?"

Harry squeezed Rosie's hand as she nodded.

"Okay, let me see." She moved the  screen closer to her and focused for a few moments.

"A boy," She smiled. "You're having a little boy,"

Both Harry and Rosie looked at one another with tears of joy in their eyes as Harry squeezed her hand and kissed her.

_________________________________________________

A/N:

SO, a lil boyyyyy! Name suggestions? I have a couple I like but not 100% sure so comment what you like. I'll be doing a top 3 soon.

Es xo.