61

Rosie woke to breakfast in bed, she had for some reason slept in this morning. Harry was no where to be seen but she knew he'd be around somewhere.

Her mum walked in fully dressed, makeup and hair also done.

"You look pretty," Rosie compliments.

"Thank you, I've got to go. Meeting my dear sister for lunch, I'll see you soon, let me know how it goes when you tell him."

Rosie nodded and hugged her mum tight before watching her walk to the door, her attention back on the breakfast. For some reason, the smell of the yoghurt really got to her, it was really strong.

"Morning," Harry smiled walking in with two smoothies.

"Morning baby, thank you for this."

"I want you back with full energy." He sat next to her. "I let your mum out."

"Thank you,"

"How are you feeling?"

She couldn't tell him how anxious she actually felt. "I'm okay, just a bit hungry."

"Yeah you haven't ate a great deal this week."

After breakfast, they both dispersed to their offices to do some work before meeting at around lunch time.

"Let's go out for lunch? We can go for a walk too," Harry suggested.

Rosie nodded as they cuddled against the kitchen counter.

"You feeling better?" He asked kissing her forehead.

"A bit," She had completely forgotten about what was going on with her whilst she got on with work, but with him bringing it up it only made her stomach flip at the fact she had to tell him.

They had lunch in a restaurant called Odettes before heading to Regents Park. Regents Park has always been Rosie's favourite park in London.

"You seem quiet," Harry spoke softly as they walked through the park.

"I do?"

He nods. "What's on your mind?"

She takes him to a bench close by, they had an overview of the park and it's water features nearby.

"I've got a lot on at the minute." She swallows.

He squeezes her hand.

"And yesterday, I was speaking with mum because I really didn't feel well at all." Rosie chewed her lip as she tried to muster the courage to explain.

"What does your mum think? Virus or something?"

She shakes her head. "Well, she.. She actually thinks I'm pregnant."

Harry sat frozen in his seat, Rosie didn't want to look at him worried what his reaction might be.

"Right.."

"I, uh.." She took a deep breath. "I took four tests, one came back not clear, the other three were positive."

Harry stroked her thumb which soothed her, she was glad he wasn't pushing her away; which is what she had feared.

"Are they anything to go by or.."

Rosie shrugs. "I don't really know, I've booked a doctors appointment. Just so I can know for definite."

Harry nods, still quiet. He was in shock, he hadn't even thought about having children just yet. Yes he wanted them, but he thought they'd be a little traditional and be married first.

"I know it's a shock, I'm petrified. But if you don't want it-"

"I never said that," He frowned. "I'd never not want a baby,"

"But it's not the best timing is it? We're both so into work,"

"Well maybe it's time we change our lifestyle,"

She sighed. "How? How can we do that? We both have responsibilities we have to keep up,"

"Yeah, and this will be our most important responsibility. Think about it Rosie, all we're doing is working then spending weekends together, we're barely in at the same time during the week. Maybe this is a wakeup call for us both, maybe this is what we needed. We need something, or someone to make us see life in a different way."

Rosie didn't know how he could be so calm about this. This wasn't like any decision they had made before in their lives. This wasn't some contract or deal they could pull out of at any point. Having a baby was a lifetime commitment.

"I just, I'm terrified." She admitted.

"Why? What of?"

She looked down at her nails. "Not being good enough, I'm scared of failing at being a mum. And I'm scared of everything else, like when she's ill or falls and hurts something, what do you do in those situations? I feel like I wasn't made to be a mum."

Harry smiled pulling her into his chest.

"What?"

"You said she,"

Rosie hadn't noticed the slip up, but it was definitely there. She had called the baby a she. "Well, he or she, we don't know all that."

"I think you'll be the greatest mum on the planet and if you get things wrong, who cares? Every single mother has made a mistake or two but that's because they're human. You're not superhuman Rosie, and I know you've always excelled and passed everything you've ever done, but motherhood isn't an exam or some athletics competition; it's a journey that you and me will go through together to raise our child. It's not something you'll master in a day or a week. But that's okay, I'll hold your hand through it all."

Rosie didn't know how she got so lucky with him. "Since when have you become all philosophical about parenthood?" She joked.

"I don't want you scared,"

"We'll go to the doctor, get it checked and go from there."

He smiled kissing her forehead. "That's my girl."