45

Rosie smiled at Zayn, walking into his kitchen. She had just come back from the gym where she met Bella for a catch up on how yesterday went with Harry.

"You okay?" She asks kissing him. He was sat on his counter top eating some leftovers.

"Yeah, are you?"

She knew by his voice that there was something off, but she wasn't exactly sure what.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Who did you go to brunch with yesterday?"

Rosie was a little surprised by this, usually when she said she was doing things with friends Zayn accepted it and left her to it.

"A friend,"

"What friend?"

"An old friend of mine."

"Who?"

She frowned. "Why?"

"Because I found a receipt from the brunch place in your jacket. A tenner for pancakes? A tenner for eggs?"

"Why are you going through my jacket pockets?"

"Why are you avoiding the question?" He frowned. "And I went in them because you told me to get something out your car and I thought the keys were in there."

Harry had refused to allow Rosie to split the bill or at least pay for her drink. He had ignored her whining and complaining, his back to her as he paid so she couldn't butt in to pay for anything. "I'll give you the receipt so then you feel like you've contributed something." He laughed stuffing it in her jacket pocket.

"I met Harry," She admits leaning against the side.

Zayn looked at her. "As in Harry.."

"Styles,"

"The millionaire?"

Rosie rolled her eyes. "He's an old friend."

"Did he buy those paintings because of you?"

Rosie frowned. "Huh?"

"Has he got a thing for you or something?"

Rosie poured herself some water.

"I just don't get why you've never mentioned him, never invited him to anything then we see him at my gallery and all of a sudden you're on a brunch date."

"We didn't go on a date." She closed her eyes.

"You didn't split the bill, most friends do that."

"I tried to, but he wouldn't let me."

"What a gentleman." Zayn's voice was sarcastic.

She rolled her eyes at him. "I don't really know what you're implying, I had brunch with a friend, we had a catch up. What's the big deal?"

"Just think it's weird.. I'd find it a bit more believable if I didn't already know you're his ex."

Rosie looked up at Zayn, dumbfounded at how he knew.

"What? You don't think I don't know who Harry Styles is? I have eyes, I see magazines and twitter. I saw photos of you and him."

"That doesn't change the fact we're friends now."

"You went for food with your ex and you think I'm going to be okay with it?"

"Well, you don't really have a choice. It's happened, it's in the past." Rosie was getting annoyed now, frustrated with how he was talking to her.