33

"..Are you sure you need me out there? I mean, what can't I do here that I can there?" Harry sipped his water as his dry mouth tried to understand what he was being told. He was in a skype meeting with his marketing team, PR, publishing house and deputy CEO.

"Harry, let's be rational. Of course we need you out in LA. 60% of our artists that are now signed to FMC are American or Canadian. The sales are mainly from the US. The money is mainly coming in from the US. The UK is fine, it's afloat but with the rise and chaos over here in LA, you need to be out here in the midst of it. Controlling it." Martin, one of his Marketing executives explained.

"But FMC is a London based label, it's a British brand." He argued.

"We're not saying you need to move out here to LA, but half of your team is out here and a majority of your sales are over here. We're not saying the UK side doesn't matter, it matters just as much, but at the moment LA need you more, the US need you more."

"And for how long?" Harry sighed.

"We can't give an exact time scale as the music industry can't promise anything, one deal might work out better than others even though you think it might not and vice versa. This is also the day and age we're living in now, more Americans are buying music."

"I'll be out there for twelve weeks, no longer." Harry stated. He wasn't here to be told what to do for his company.

"But, if things don't necessarily work out on your twelfth week, you'd have to extend your stay."

"No, everything will be perfect by then. When I have to leave I'll place the responsibility in those who are capable to carry on running the LA offices for me. Simple."

"But-"

"No buts," Harry put his foot down. "Twelve weeks is all I'm giving, that's enough. I have a home and life here, I'm not coming out there to settle down."

"We understand that sir but-"

"Then you'll accept what I'm saying, if you don't mind I have to go for lunch." Harry ended the call with a sharp goodbye and placed his head in his hands.

"How am I going to tell Rosie?" He asked himself, looking at his phone as her photo came up on his lockscreen.

The few days away at his mums had come and gone and he was back in deep work again. Rosie had gone back to work too, barely able to speak through the day.

Their relationship was better, and they were happier with one another. But Harry was worried that this was going to cause a bump in the road, he was going to have to move away for a whole three months. He would have to be without her for so long and he wasn't sure if he would be able to. It would be selfish of him to expect her to fly to him, come out when he wanted her to because he knew she had her own responsibilities to handle here.

Harry jumped when his phone rang, he'd been sat with his head in hands, eyes shut for however long thinking through everything at once.

"Hello?"

"Hello handsome," Rosie smiled, she'd come on her lunch now too.

"Hey you," Harry swallowed.

"You okay?" She felt something was wrong.

"Yeah, well.. no, not really."

"What's up? Talk to me, I miss you."

They hadn't seen each other in four days thanks to work and both of them working until late.

"It's.. nothing, just a lot being put on me. How are you? How is your day going?" He asked deflecting the topic off of him.

"It's okay, three children have gone home sick though. Apparently some bug is going round."

"Lovely,"

"Yeah, had to clear up their sick, it was disgusting."

"Ew," Harry shut his eyes.

"Joys of working with children," she laughed. "I just hope I don't catch it,"

"You won't, make sure you eat well and wash your hands a lot. I want a healthy girlfriend this weekend."

Rosie rolled her eyes. "I'll try my best not to catch a sickness bug baby,"

"Good, by the way; sunday night it's the EFMA Awards, I've been invited and wasn't going to go but I have a lot of artists who are nominated so I can't not go.. want to be my date?"

"I haven't got a dress!" Rosie gasped in panic. "You're telling me this now? On wednesday? When it's on sunday? With less than a week to prepare?"

"Baby.."

"It's televised, and shown everywhere and I have nothing to wear for it," She rambled.

"Baby, I'll sort that out for you. Don't worry."

"Harry-"

"You won't have the time so don't argue Rosie, I've got it handled. Trust me, okay?"

"Okay," She spoke quietly.

"So is that a yes?"

Rosie grinned. "It's a hell yes, baby."

______________

Filler chapter, but how do you think Rosie will react to the LA news?

Comment & vote!!

Es xo