60

Both Rosie and Harry had settled into their house and within a few weeks they felt at home. Rosie had been feeling a little all over the place the past week, she had a lot of work to get through with a short deadline and she had even gone some days without eating much at all - which did not please Harry - and then trying to make up for the lost calories the next day.

Today she felt ill. Very ill. She'd felt ill all morning, in the afternoon it eased but because she was so tired and without eating properly her immune system was low and she could feel it. She tried drinking plenty of water and eating fruit but it wasn't making her feel any better.

Noticing this, the senior editor at her magazine told her to take the rest of the day off. She wasn't any use at work when she was feeling so bad, so she drove home. Her mum met her there, she had become quite infatuated with Rosie's garden, planting flowers for her and Harry and making sure they're well-kept.

"So what's the matter with you?" Her mum asked, bringing in two mugs of tea; one for her and one for Rosie who was laying on the sofa with a blanket and a cool compress on her head.

"I'm just all over the place,"

Her mum frowns. "Why? In what way?"

"I keep feeling quite emotional, and getting stressed. I admit I haven't ate that well this week, I skipped a few meals. But I just feel weird."

Her mum takes the cold compress from her head and checks her temperature. It had gone down so she kept it off her. "I'm going to go to the shop, you don't have a lot in. Is there anything you want?"

Rosie shook her head. "I'm good, I'm going to nap so take my keys. You can take my car too if you want." She offers.

"Okay darling," She tucks Rosie in and kisses her forehead. "Back soon,"

Rosie nods, her eyes closed as she felt herself drift off.

When Rosie woke, her mum was in the kitchen, she could smell that she was cooking something. She checked her phone to find a message from Harry.

H: Won't be home until 8, but I'm taking the day off tomorrow. How are you feeling now? Love you xx

R: Okay, mum's here, think she might stay the night :) I'm feeling a bit better, just woke from a nap.. love you too xxx

She found her mum by the oven, an apron round her neck as she chopped up some mushrooms.

"How are you feeling honeybee?" She asked.

"Alright," Rosie sighed pouring herself some juice. "Thank you for getting some stuff in, Harry and I are going to do it at the weekend. "

"It's okay," She smiles observing her daughter. "Come with me," She takes hold of Rosie's hand and walks her upstairs. "Now, don't panic or worry." She comforted Rosie as they walked into Rosie's en suite.

"What?" Rosie was beyond confused.

Her mum turned around lifting four pregnancy tests. "It's just a precaution, just to make sure,"

Rosie's blood ran hot. She couldn't be pregnant. The last thing they needed was a baby. They were far too busy for a baby.

"I can't," She spluttered. "I'm not pregnant," She was trying to figure out dates and times but her brain wouldn't function.

She was on a contraceptive pill, she took it every day but Rosie will admit with the stress of work and moving house, she forgot to take it sometimes.

"Just take the tests because you'll only be wondering," Her mum soothed.

Rosie took them in her hands, shaking as she looked at them.