72

A/N: hey guys - just to clear things up; even though I have another story (called Instagram) it does not mean I dislike this story or don't want to write it! I'll be updating Instagram more simply because it's a quicker and short story whereas this isn't, so if you see I update that daily and this every 3 days it's nothing against the story at all! Hope you're enjoying it still! Still a lot to come xx

--------

Rosie woke up later than usual, this came as no surprise as she was going to bed earlier but waking in the night several times which resulted in sleeping in later.

The past month had changed everything, she had a visible bump, her boobs were bigger and painful, she needed to pee all the time and there had been non-stop furniture deliveries for the nursery.

Names was still a big topic, she didn't know what names she liked. She would hear names, write them down but then two days later scribble them out. Her hormones made her crazily indecisive.

"Hi," She smiled opening the door. Today, her dad was visiting her place. They had kept in contact over the past six weeks, and met up twice more for coffee. She had decided she felt it was right to have him over to her place first.

"It's a lovely home you have here,"

"Thanks, you found it okay? it's a country lane some sat navs don't always direct you correctly."

"I just updated my sat nav so it worked."

She smiled taking down two mugs. "Tea? Coffee? Cold drink?"

He sat at the counter, in awe of her home. His family home was humble and not so big. The kitchen was beautiful, everything his wife Jocelyn would dream of.

"Er, coffee please. Little milk, one sugar."

Rosie nodded with a smile before placing his mug under the coffee machine.

"It's quite a home, you must be proud."

She leant against the side waiting for the machine to finish as she boiled the kettle for her pregnancy tea, she found it helped her a lot with aches and pains she'd been experiencing. "Thank you. Very proud, it took us a while to build it into the home we wanted but all good things take time."

She made up his coffee before handing it to him.

"Thank you,"

She took down the biscuit tin and offered him one.

"I love malt biscuits,"

She laughed. "Me too, they're my favourite. Always have them in."

"That's something you got from me, they're the best biscuits."

She smiled sipping her tea.

"So where's Harry? Working?"

She nods, taking a biscuit as she sat across from him. "Only until two, so he'll be back in a couple hours." She looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

"Oh,"

"He likes to be at home now, because of me and baby he tends to finish for two or three and then comes home then kind of works from home but he's not as focused on it, it's not like I can't go near him or anything."

Her dad nods. "It's nice you have him to do that for you."

Rosie shrugs. "It just kind of naturally happened. He didn't purposely do it, but I know he's quite conscious about being home with me now."

"Yeah, and how is pregnancy treating you?"

"Well," She sighed, her hand on her ever growing bump. "I now feel big, like I'm really pregnant. It's actually sinking in."

"Do you crave anything?"

"Cheese and onion crisps, I can't even talk about them because I start craving them. I get through so many bags, I think it's driving Harry crazy."

Her dad laughs. "I bet it isn't, but that is quite funny."

After their drinks, Rosie gave her dad a tour of their home. He was impressed by it all, all he had wanted for her when he held her at three days old had come true.

"So what's the plan for the garden?" Joseph asked as he and Rosie stood at the french doors looking out.

They hadn't focused on the garden so much as it wasn't exactly the warmest of weather and they wanted the house as they wanted it first so when it came to summer they could focus on the garden. They had a lot of space to do as they wanted with it.

"Well, to the right we want a seating area. We only have the tables and chairs there for now but in the summer we'll have a big sofa, but I want it all baby proof obviously. Then on the left because of a change of plan," She smiles holding her bump. "We're going to have a play area, when he's older I want a summer house. But we'll have toys and stuff there. then I want a patch to grow things, and Harry wants a shed but a converted one where he can escape but that's still up for debate." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"You have it all planned out then?"

She nods. "Pretty much, I don't want to go crazy with it but I want a nice family, baby safe garden."

"Well I know a landscaper if you need one for anything,"

"Oh, thanks. That'd be cool."

Rosie made some more tea and coffee with some sandwiches when she heard the keys in the door.

She smiled when Harry came round the corner, placing his briefcase down with a smile as he greeted her dad.

"Nice to meet you,"

"And you too, Harry."

"You okay babe? Good day?"

He nods kissing her quickly, he felt a bit odd kissing her in front of her dad, he didn't know why but it was that sense of not knowing him and feeling uncomfortable that caused him to rush it.

"Busy," He slumped next to her taking her hand. "Did you find our place okay?" He asked.

Joseph smiled at the fact he asked the exact same question as his daughter did hours before, it showed how perfectly in tune they were with one another. "I did actually, my satnav is updated so it got here."

"That's good, some don't bring you down countrylanes."

"My dad knows a landscaper, so when we start doing the garden he's going to give me their number."

"That's cool, we need to sort that out next summer."

She smiled. "I explained our plans about what we're doing with it,"

"Hear about my man cave?" Harry grinned.

"No comment.." Joseph laughed.

"You're not having a man cave,"

Harry gasped jokingly. "Course I am, me and the boy will need somewhere to escape to."

Rosie rolled her eyes.

"And you can join us," Harry pointed towards her dad.

He smiled at being included as did Rosie, she knew he wouldn't have any problem getting on with her dad. Harry got on with everyone, he was open and charismatic. People were naturally drawn to him.

"I think if I get enough people to side with me, I'll be able to build the man cave I want," Harry boasted proudly.

Rosie side-eyed him. "Mhmm, whatever you say."