67

Jade smiled walking into Harry's office. "Hi Mr Styles,"

He nods. "Jade, come in, sit down."

She sits opposite him and rests her hands in her lap.

"I just wanted to ask how you're getting on, how your first two weeks have been."

"Great," She smiled. "I've really enjoyed it, it's a great place to work."

"And you're getting on with people?"

She nods. "I've found everyone friendly and easy to talk to,"

"Good,"

Jade's eyes land on a photo of Rosie on his desk. She was in a white dress on a beach somewhere smiling big and bright. "She's beautiful," She points. "You've done good,"

Harry laughs. "I've done amazing, she's amazing,"

"How many weeks pregnant is she?"

"Sixteen, we find out if we're having a boy or girl this week."

"I bet you're excited,"

Harry couldn't contain his smile. "Very," He watches as a sad smile washes over her.

"So you're not into children or.."

"Oh, me? I wanted them at one point but my husband decided against it. He's too work focused. Don't think they're in our future."

Harry could see she was clearly uncomfortable, he understood what her husband thought but also now that Rosie is pregnant Harry couldn't think of anything better. All he wanted to be now was a father.

"Well you never know if you don't try,"

Jade looked away. "Yeah, if you don't mind? I have piles on my desk to get through."

Harry nodded gesturing for her to leave. "Thanks for coming to see me Jade,"

She forces a smile. "No problem,"

Rosie had been out all day, she had been to meetings at work then met her mum for food and some retail therapy. She bought some baby blankets and bibs - cream ones of course as she didn't yet know the sex.

She had bought little things here and there, starting to pile them up in their nursery. She and Harry had decided to have the nursery next to their room.

When she arrived back home she found an envelope on her doorstep titled ROSIE. She frowned, it wasn't someone's handwriting who she knew.

She turned it over but it didn't reveal anything, they must know where she lives to deliver it to her doorstep - but who could it be?

Walking inside, she put her things down and took out a water from the fridge before walking over to the table where the envelope lay.

Sitting down with it she carefully opened it, not wanting to tear it anywhere.

Inside she found lined paper folded up, clearly with writing on it. Opening it out she scanned to find out who it was from but it didn't give it away so clearly so she instead read to find out.

Dear Rosie,

This letter might come as a surprise to you and I apologise for taking so long. I apologise a lot in this so I hope you don't mind.

I am writing to you in hopes you gain a better understanding. In hopes that you may forgive me. I understand you might hate me, or not even think about me. But I think about you a lot.

I met your mother at a very young age. She had just applied into the army and got accepted, I worked in a shoe shop and earned barely anything. With your mother going away for the army, we found long distance hard at times but we made it work, we made it work for three whole years.