22

Both Harry and Rosie had had busy weeks, Harry had meeting after meeting and Rosie was caught up in her new role. They both worked until late and eventually collapsing into their own beds alone going to sleep thinking about the other.

Harry had messaged and rang her throughout the week but she either didn't hear it or pretended she didn't.

She didn't get Friday's free anymore, she now had to do her second role and join in in meetings with the Headteacher and other agencies and companies about the prospects of the school.

"There is so much to discuss," Bella smiled excitedly as she caught up with Rosie that saturday for lunch.

"Where do we begin?"

"Your holiday? How was it, from the photos you sent me it looked like a dream."

Rosie smiled awkwardly. "Yeah,"

"What?" Bella instantly noticed her dip in mood.

"Harry and I aren't exactly on the best terms right now, it's disappointing because the holiday was so amazing and magical, yet the minute we got back.. yeah."

"What happened?"

Rosie sighed. "My rents gone up, and I got a letter in the mail to tell me. Harry went through my mail, and has paid my rent for a year."

Bella was slightly stunned not expecting that at all. "Wow,"

"I went a little crazy, and we haven't spoke in nearly a week."

"I get why you're mad, I mean it's your privacy but also - you have no rent worries for a year now."

Rosie nodded. "Yes but to me that's a big deal. I work hard, very hard."

"I don't think Harry did it for any other reason than he loves you and wants you happy. If he can afford it and isn't putting strain on himself, is it that bad? All he's doing is making sure you're secure and who doesn't want a boyfriend who can do that?"

Rosie understood where Bella was coming from - all week she had thought it over and over, it wasn't about the money but about her pride.

"I'm going to his later, it'll all be okay.. Enough about me, how is it going with Niall?"

Immediately Bella's face lit up, her smile unable to miss.

"It's going really well, he's really nice and really caring but also really cheeky and funny, he's not cringey or cheesey, he's just so genuine."

Rosie could'nt help the smile on her face when she saw how happy Bella was. "So what's happened since I went away?"

"Well we went on that date you set up, then I had dinner at his place a couple nights later then we went to a gig that was really cool another night, and last night we went for dinner and I stayed at his." Bella looked down shyly.

"Did.. anything happen?"

She shook her head, eyes wide. "We've only kissed."

Rosie was surprised, Bella was the type to get what she wanted from a guy and leave him, she knew what she wanted and wasn't usually sexually shy either.

"You really like him don't you?"

Bella nods eating some salad. "We just click, there's no awkward vibes, we always have something to talk about and we just get on so well."

"I love hearing you talk like this," Rosie laughs. "It's like a new Bella,"

"I'm seeing him later, he was talking about a film that's on at the minute in the cinema so I said we could go, as long as it's not scary which he promised it wasn't."

Rosie smiled, her phone buzzing as Bella continued to ramble on about Niall.

H: Am i seeing you tonight? x

R: Yes x

She was glad he had messaged her. He was glad she had replied, he'd been going out of his mind all week not being able to see or speak or hold her. He had missed her especially after having a week of her attention in France.

"Harry?" Bella asked.

Rosie nodded locking her phone. "He was just asking if I'm seeing him later."

"Please make up, I understand why you're mad but he's so good for you."

"Enough boy talk, what about your birthday?" Rosie changed the topic. "What have you got planned for it?"

"I'm thinking of just hiring out an event room and just throwing a massive party to be honest," Bella shrugged. "Whoever wants to go can, whoever doesn't, fuck them."

Rosie laughed at Bella's relaxed outlook. "That's one way to see it."

When Rosie got to Harry's he wasn't in.

"Can I get you anything?" Sairah asked her as she lay on the sofa, the tv on but she didn't pay much attention to it as she read through emails.

"Oh, no thank you I'm good, if I need anything I can get it, honest."

Sairah shook her head. "If you need anything, please, just speak up. I'll be in the laundry room."

"Thank you Sairah," Rosie smiled.

Harry didn't get back until after 7 that night. Rosie had told Sairah to go home and she was okay to deal with dinner, Sairah wasn't too happy but Rosie insisted it was okay.

She ordered in some healthy chinese food, one of Harry's favourite places in Notting Hill. She lay it all out ready for when he came back.

Harry walked in not really knowing what to expect. He had seen her car in his driveway so he knew she was here, but he didn't know what he was walking in to. He didn't know if this could be the end, or if they'd argue again.

"Hi," He smiled walking in to see dinner all set out.

She was leaning against the counter scrolling through her phone, she had seen his car enter the gates on the camera and ever since her heart had been pounding. "I ordered some food, told Sairah to go home."

He nods. "Thanks, you didn't have to, smells good though." He kicked off his shoes and hung up his jacket in the coat room.

They both sat quietly, their knives and forks occasionally clinking from time to time.

"How was your week?" Harry asked.

"Really long, I couldn't wait for the weekend. Your week?"

"Same,"

Rosie looked up at him, not used to his voice being so quiet and distant. "Look, I understand why you did what you did. It annoyed me yes, but I understand. You just need to understand that things like my rent are personal to me, I work hard, extremely hard to pay for my own things, it's just very difficult for me to accept having things paid for me, but that's just my pride. I don't want you to think for one second I don't appreciate the gesture or you because that's so far from the truth, I love you and the fact you did that for me means more than you'll know. Thank you for doing that, I know you did it because you were just looking out for me, doing what a boyfriend should do. But please next time we need to talk about these things, you know how I am about money."

Harry nodded, she was right. One hundred percent right, about everything. He didn't really see it from her perspective, he had never had to do that before but this past week he had. He realised that if he worked and worked and someone came and paid for his stuff he'd feel annoyed and belittled.

"My intentions were to never make you angry, I just want you happy. if i can make sure you don't have any worries then I will, I know  I pushed the boundaries and it was wrong to look at your mail but seeing your face drop, it worried me. I apologise for that."

Rosie took his hand and rubbed her thumb over his knuckle, he'd missed that. "We can just forget about it now, there's no point being mad about something we can't change."

"I love you,"

Rosie stood up and sat in his lap, kissing him deeply. "I love you more."