57

It had been a few weeks since Rosie saw Bella, their last encounter not really the nicest. Like Rosie expected, Bella didn't text her. She didn't acknowledge her at all.

It hurt her, but she didn't know how to approach it, she felt she was in the wrong even though all she had done was tell her her honest opinion.

She had finished a stressful week, a child she works with had been taken into care, and her paperwork had been through the roof.

She was looking forward to having time off, thankfully her birthday fell in the school half term so she was able to enjoy the week off as well as her birthday.

Harry smiled the minute he opened his door to her, handbag on one arm, overnight bag on the other.

"Hello you," He kissed her before taking her bag.

"How's your day been?" She asks taking her shoes off and putting her bag down.

"Had a lot on at work, not just today but this week. Didn't think I'd finish everything in time but I did some how."

She smiled. "We can de-stress now,"

"Talking about de-stress." His smile was cheeky and she knew it was something to do with her birthday. "Do you want to know where we're going for your birthday?"

She grins, excited now. "Of course,"

He hands her a plain white envelope as they both sit at his counter. "Open it," He encourages.

She slowly opens the seal. "Euros," She comments, taking them out. "So it's definitely in Europe.."

"Yeah," He hands her another envelope.

"You're very organised," She jokes making him smile. She opened the second envelope to find a photo of a beautiful penthouse. "I'm guessing this is where we're staying."

He nods. "Correct,"

She opens the third and final envelope. Inside, a brochure of all the things to do and see in Barcelona.

With wide eyes and a big grin she looked at him. "Really?"

"Really,"

She stands up and sits in his lap, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him. "Thank you,"

"Three nights," He kisses her. "It's not long but, we'll be there for your birthday and I know you wanted that."

She smiles kissing him. "Thank you, I can't thank you enough."

"You'll be happy to know my pilot can't fly us so we're going commercial but in First Class."

Rosie laughs kissing his cheek. "Yay,"

"Are you happy?" He asks seriously, a small smile still on his face.

"Happiest I've been in a long time,"

"Good," He kisses her one final time before she stands up and gets herself a drink.

"I'm going to do a quick skype call then I'm all yours, okay?" He asks.

Rosie nods. "I'm going to shower and chill, so come find me when you're done."

~ ~ ~ ~

Rosie was a little unsure about how brunch would go with Bella, but she wanted to see her before she flew to Venice tomorrow and Rosie flew to Barcelona the day after.

"How have you been?" Rosie asks as they both sat opposite each other, they'd ordered their food - now came the awkward part.

"I've been alright, works been a lot recently and it's really stressed me out."

Rosie nodded. "Yeah,"

"Are you excited to go away?" She asks.

"Really excited although feel like we've just come back from St Lucia, I've been truly spoilt this year. I think this will be the last holiday for this year."

"You are lucky, he does treat you well." Bella smiled.

She had missed Rosie, she hated fighting with her. When they fought, it felt like a sibling disagreement. She knew they would always come back together, but she still hated not having her best friend there for her.

"How are things with Jonathan? Are you looking forward to Venice?" Rosie bit her lip stopping herself from saying 'the dick' after Jonathan. She had quickly given him that nickname with Harry.

Bella crossed her arms. "Things are good, he's stressed too at the minute so we're just taking each day as it comes."

Rosie wasn't sure what that meant, she thought it was a really weird thing to say about someone you haven't been dating for very long. "Yeah,"

"Venice will be beautiful though, I'm really excited."

Rosie felt sad at the thought they'd be in two different countries for her birthday. She had spent every birthday with Bella since they met. "You'll have to send me photos constantly."

"I will, especially when we're on the gondolas. They look so romantic," Bella lifted her arms to tighten her hair band.

Rosie frowned grabbing her arm. "Where's that bruise from?" She asked examining it as much as she could from where she was sat.

"I wore this top I just bought and it was a little tight on my arms," Bella rolled her eyes. "I shouldn't have worn it but it's such a pretty top I couldn't help myself,"

Although Rosie believed Bella would wear a top that was too tight just because it was pretty, something about it didn't ring true with her. But she didn't want to cause any more friction so she let it pass. She knew if there was actually a different reason Bella would tell her.

"You are a doughnut sometimes," Rosie laughs.

"I'm sorry about everything," Bella blurted. "I shouldn't have reacted how I did, it was immature and at the end of the day you're my best friend, my non-biological sister. If you don't like Jonathan I have to respect that, but you have to respect that I like him and I do want to be with him, he's a great guy."

Rosie found it difficult but she was right. They had to respect each others opinions. "Of course,"

"Jonathan only said nice things about you in the car journey home,"

Rosie raised her eyebrow. "You don't have to bullshit me Bella,"

"He did, he said you're an interesting character."

"Yeah well, maybe we could do something else. A less tense atmosphere, like bowling."

"Yeah, I'll suggest it while we're away," Bella agreed.

Although she couldn't think of anything worse, Rosie smiled through gritted teeth. "Perfect."