🌹1🌹

Josh hummed to himself as he wiped off the counter of the cafe. It was a nice, Sunday afternoon. The sun was shining bright as a light breeze drifted through the fresh air.

Josh watched as people walked passed the small cafe he worked at. Once in a while, one of the many people would walk in. It was a peaceful silence. Mostly college kids or old couples came in. Josh had just started his senior year of high school and he's been working at the cafe for three years.

Josh put the wet rag in the sink before leaning against the now clean counter. He watched as one of the lights lightly swung back and forth. It wasn't very busy at this time of day, especially on a Sunday.

He was soon lost in the lights movement, missing the ring of the bell that hung over the door. He snapped out of his daze and blinked quickly, "Uh, welcome to the mad bean cafe."

Josh blushed as there was a few chuckles and giggles heard. Did no one actually walk in? Josh spotted a brunette who had his face buried in the menu.

Lying on the table was a fancy, brown leather, journal. A black fountain pen laid atop of it. Josh smiled as he approached the small booth, "Hello, my name is Joshua, would you like to order anything?"

The boy peeked out of the menu, only showing his eyes. They were almost like a burnt cinnamon. Josh was startled by a quiet voice, "Just a plain coffee....please."

Josh smiled with a nod, "Alright, I'll get that to you in just a few minutes." The boy nodded and hid his face back in the menu. Josh hurried back to behind the counter and poured the brunette with cinnamon eyes his plain coffee.

Josh was never one for plain coffee, but he wasn't for anything plain. He liked new. He liked different.

For instance, Josh had wild pink hair. He had a nose piercing and over the summer, he got a tattoo after he turned eighteen. Josh hurried back to the boy and set the coffee next to the journal.

The boy peeked out of the menu again, "Thank you."

Josh smiled, "No problem....I don't think I've ever seen you around here? Are you new?" The brunette gave a simple nod. Josh got the hint that he wasn't one for talking. "Well, enjoy your coffee, and if you need anything, I'll be over there behind the counter."

"Thank you."

Josh stood there for another second before walking back to the counter. He heaved out a sigh and began tapping his fingers along the marble counter. He scanned the place for a millionth time today. He recognized most people here. They we're all usual customers.

Josh was even friends with one of the college students, Hayley Kioyoko. She came in here often, but not today. Josh wished she were, so he could have someone to talk to.

His eyes landed back on the brunette. Who was now doodling in the journal, once in a while, lifting his head to take a drink of his plain coffee.

He had plump lips, the color of raspberries. He had slightly crooked teeth, but there was nothing wrong with that. The brunette had sun-kissed skin, that looked lovely against his yellow hoodie. The sleeves were a tad bit too long, covering his palms only for his fingers to show. His cinnamon eyes were soft and innocent. Josh could only think of one word to describe the boy:

Illecebrous

Josh was snapped out of his thoughts by a manicured hand in front of his face. He looked to see Hayley in front of him, smiling widely, "Hey, loser!"

Josh chuckled, "Hello, Hayley. The usual?"

She nodded, "The usual." Josh began to fix Hayley a Carmel frappe. She leaned against the counter, "Why the hell are you working on a Sunday?"