🌹10🌹

It had been a month since the soup incident. Later that night, Jesse had asked Tyler to be his boyfriend. So tonight was their one month anniversary. They decided to celebrate at the mad bean, and josh had to watch it all.

He frowned as he watched the couple laugh and eat together. While josh and Tyler had been growing closer as friends, Jesse and Tyler had been growing closer as a couple. Josh let out a huff and rested his head against his elbow. He hated how every time he heard Tyler's laugh or saw his smile, his admire for the younger boy grew. He just couldn't pull himself to be happy for the two.

He wanted to be in Jesse's place, but that's not how it works. He watched as the leaves slowly fell off the tree outside the window. It was now getting colder out. The cafe smelt of pumpkin spices and there were decorations everywhere. Josh was startled by someone slapping their hands together in front of Josh's face.

He looked up to see. Brendon grinning at him. Josh smiled tiredly, "hey, beebo."

"You were staring."

Josh's brows furrowed together, "what?"

Brendon let out a laugh, "Tyler, you were staring at Tyler."

Josh blushed and let out a huff, "shut up."

Brendon raised his eyebrows, "dude! Why don't you just tell him how you feel."

Josh scoffed, "because he's dating someone."

Brendon rolled his eyebrows, "you could do so much better than Jesse. Jesse still doesn't even know half of what you know about Tyler."

Josh shrugged, "ya, but...look at him. Jesse is everything anyone would want. Nice, funny, good looking."

Brendon snorted, "dude, I mean this in the least gay way ever, but your hot as fuck. If you weren't my best friend and some random guy I ran into at a party, I would totally fuck you."

Josh raised his eyebrows, "wow, ok. I don't know whether I should say thank you or call the cops."

Brendon let out a laugh, "come on, josh. Just go for it. Stop being a coward."

Josh let out a huff, "but that's it. I am a coward. No one wants to date a coward."

Brendon groaned, "you make this so complicated."

"Just change the subject, Brendon." "Fine. Dallon and I made it official. You see, I went for what I want, and I quit being a coward."

Josh glared, "congratulations, and I see what you did there you sly bastard."

Brendon grinned, "but do you see my pony now?"

"Yes."

"So your gonna go after Tyler?"

"No. Why did you even come here?"

"Because I knew both you and Tyler were here. I wanted to see if anything was cooking up in here."

"Ew, Brendon, he has a boyfriend."

"That boyfriend should be you."

Josh glared, "ok, I'm seriously gonna call the cops if you don't drop it."

Brendon finally gave in, "fine. Wanna hang out after your shift?"

Josh sighed and shook his head, "nah. I gotta date with a tub of ice cream and cheesy movies."

Brendon snorted, "josh, you depressed shit-head. Can I at least join you? Dallon can't hang out tonight and Pete is...actually, who the fuck knows what Pete is doing."