🌹4🌹

Josh and Tyler were currently parked outside of Tyler's house. They had left the party real quick to drop Tyler off. Before Tyler could open the door, josh stopped him, "hey, Tyler, in sorry about earlier. If you don't want me to call you Ty...I wont."

Tyler's lips barely curved into a smile, "it's ok, thanks."

Josh smiled, "no problem. Have a good night."

Tyler nodded, "you too, josh. I'll see you at school."

Josh grinned, "does that mean you'll sit with us at lunch?"

Tyler shrugged, smiling slightly, "ya, I guess."

Josh's smile widened, "great!"

Tyler quickly hit out, waving shyly before jogging up the driveway. He waited till josh drive off before quietly opening the door. He winced as it creaked. He poked his head in, spotting a sleeping figure on the couch. A beer bottle loosely in there fingers.

Tyler bit his lip as he tiptoed passed them, reaching the stairs. Tyler froze as he heard ruffling, turning around to see the figure standing up. "What're you doin' home so late? You fuckin' worried your mother." The mans words were slurred and jumbled.

Tyler lowered her head, "s-sorry Nate." The beer bottle smashed against the wall behind Tyler, causing him to wince, "s-sir."

Nate was Tyler's mom's bastard of a boyfriend. Usually drunk and always smoking. Tyler yelped as he felt a sharp sting in his cheek. The skin slowly growing warm from the force of the slap.

"Fag," Nate grunted before shuffling back to the couch. He fell on it with a grunt and turned on the Tv. Tyler raced up the stairs, closing his bedroom door behind him. He found Madison laying on his bed, asleep and snuggled into the blankets.

Tyler crept over, trying to be quiet. He moved her hair out of her eyes, examining her face. He checked her arms and frowning as he saw the fingertip bruises on her forearm. Tyler kissed the bruises before grabbing an extra pillow and laying it on the ground.

He laid his head against it, sighing as he realized how tired he was. He didn't want to wake up Madison, so that resulted with him sleeping on he ground. Tyler was okay with that, though. He closed his eyes, trying to find comfort on the floor.

He opened his eyes, though, when he heard his bed squeak. He looked up to see Madison now sitting up, staring at him tiredly. "Tyler?" She mumbled.

Tyler sat up, "ya?"

She scooted closer to the wall, "will you lay with me?"

Tyler nodded and crawled onto the bed. He got under the covers and aloud Madison to snuggle against him. The fourteen year old sighed, "I was scared you weren't coming back."

Tyler shook his head, "no, I wouldn't leave you. I promised you, I would get us out of here as soon as I graduate."

She smiled, "I love you, Tyler."

Tyler kissed her forehead, "I love you too, angel." It was quiet for a few moments, a comfortable on. Tyler finally asked, "Maddy, did Nate do that to your arm?"

Tyler knew it was a stupid question, of course he did. Madison shrugged, "he only grabbed my arm a little too hard. It's no big deal."

Tyler hugged Madison tightly, "I'm so sorry, Maddy. I should've just came home right after school."

Madison shook her head, "no, it's fine. It's just a bruise. It's nothing compared to what you get." Madison lightly touched the scar on Tyler's bottom lip. Tyler sighed and pulled her hand away from his lip. Madison wiped her eyes as they began to water, "Tyler, how come you don't smile anymore?"