🌹31🌹

Tyler walked into the hotel room his dad was staying at. He got a call saying that Chris had to talk to him. Tyler knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door opened and Tyler immediately hugged Chris.

Chris smiled, "hey, T-bird. How was your day at school?" Tyler felt his stomach erupt with joy. He remembered when he used to come home everyday and his dad would ask him how his fat was.

Tyler grinned, "it was good. My friend Pete accidentally got a fry stuck in his nose and he had to go to the nurse. And josh bought me this really cool notebook to write all my poems and drawings in."

Chris smiled, "you like poems?"

Tyler nodded as they sat down on the couch, "ya. It's really a coping mechanism when I'm sad or something. Josh has really helped when it comes to that."

Chris pinched the latex rubber-band around Tyler's wrist, "what's this for?"

•trigger warning- mentions of self-harm•

Tyler shrugged, "uh, its kinda hard to talk about."

Chris smiled soothingly, "it's fine, you don't have to."

Tyler gulped, "no, I-it's ok. Josh said it's good to talk." Chris nodded and Tyler pulled up the sleeve of his sweater all the way. Chris frowned at the marks in Tyler's wrist. Tyler shrugged, "I was having a rough time ever since the...the accident. Thats when it first started. It was worse after-well...after you left."

Chris frowned but Tyler grabbed his hand soothingly, "its fine, dad. It's not your fault. Well, whenever josh found out, he helped me get through it. He had gone through one thing like this and he said that he used a rubber-band too. Whenever I have an urge to cut, I just snap this a few time and it goes away."

Chris smiled sadly, "I'm glad your doing better."

Tyler smiled, "me too."

Chris sighed, "Tyler, I need to talk to you. It's important."

Tyler nodded, "ya, is everything ok?"

Chris nodded, "ya. I- how would you like to live with me in Michigan?"

Tyler's smiled dropped, "w-what?"

Chris smiled, "ya. It's wonderful up there. I have this girlfriend who is absolutely wonderful and so kind. She has a five year old who I feel like you would really get along with. The neighbors are so nice up there and the school district is very kind. I know it's-"

"dad. I- what about my friends. What about josh."

Chris sighed, "ya, I knew you would ask about them. I mean, you can face time then. We can always visit them over spring break and summer. We can make it work."

Tyler's eyes began to water, "but...but i need josh. I love him."

Chris's face softens, "you do?"

Tyler nodded, "ya, a-and he loves me."

Chris looked at the ground in thought. He then looked back at Tyler, "I understand, Tyler. But I want you to think about it. I want you to be sure, ok?"

Tyler nodded, "ya, I'll think about it."

Chris smiled and hugged Tyler, "thank you."