🌹30🌹

Josh entered the grocery store and grabbed a cart. He told his mom he could get the groceries, since she wasn't feeling too good. He let out a yawn as he walked down the isles, looking for the right groceries. Once he got them and checked out, he made his way for the door.

When he walked out, he was hit with a whiff of smoke. H turned to see Tyler's Mom sitting on the bench, smoking a cigarette. Josh gulped before slowly walking up to her, "Mrs. Joseph?"

Kelly slowly turned her head and looked josh up and down, "do I know you?"

Josh nodded, "uh, I'm Tyler's friend. What are you doing out in the cold without a coat? Your gonna catch a cold."

Kelly shrugged, "I've got my cigarette. I'm fine."

Kelly turned her head forward again, blowing out a cloud of smoke. Josh walked closer, "mind if I sit?"

Kelly raised an eyebrow, "don't you gotta get home, kid?"

Josh shrugged with a weak smile, "I'm in no rush."

Kelly sighed, "well, there's no sign that says you can't." Josh sat down and the two fell in a silence. Josh examined Kelly's features. The was she sat and the way she looked. Kelly glanced at him, "what, do I got something on my face?"

Josh shook his head, "no, I was just thinking. You really look like Tyler."

Kelly huffed out a laugh, "well he's my kid, isn't he?"

Josh licked his lips, "uh...I was just wondering...does it really bother you that he's gay?"

Kelly shook her head, "boys shouldn't be with boys. It's not right."

"I didn't ask if it's right. I asked if it bothered you."

Kelly didn't say anything. They fell into silence again and she finally spoke, "so, what about Tyler makes you wanna be friends with him?"

Josh looked at her confused, "what?"

Kelly shrugged, keeping her eyes forward, "I don't know, I don't really see him anymore. I don't really know what he's like anymore."

Josh smiled, "he's a real great kid. People at school really like him too. He's really smart and has such an amazing personality. Anybody would be lucky to be friends with him." Kelly didn't say anything, so josh brought up another subject, "so, how is Nate to Tyler? Does he treat Tyler right?"

Josh knew the answer, he just wanted to see what Kelly would say. Kelly finally turned to look at josh, "your one nosy kid, you know that?"

Josh blushed, "I-I'm sorry. I just-"

Kelly stopped him, "Nate is a good guy. He helps hold the house together."

Josh's eyebrows furrowed together, but he said nothing. At this point, josh knew he was crossing the line, but he needed to know, "do you really wish it would've been him?"

Kelly gave josh a strange look, "what?"

Josh gulped, "Tyler. The accident. Do you really wish it would've been him?"

Kelly stared at josh with wide eyes. Josh stared back at her and Kelly stood up, "you should get home. It's getting late." Josh frowned when Kelly dodged the question. A mother really couldn't hate their son that much.

Right?

Josh stood up, "how are you going to get home?"

Kelly shrugged, "it's called walking, kid."

Josh stepped forward, "I can give you a ride."

Kelly tilted her head, "and why would you do that? I bet you don't even like me. I'm sure Tyler tells you all kind of horrid things about me."

Josh looked at his shoes, "he actually doesn't. He always talks about wanting to make you proud and...and he's always saying he just wants your love."

Kelly's face softened but she quickly hid it, "go home, josh. Your mom is probably worried."

Josh grabbed Kelly's arm gently, "I'll drive you home."

Kelly pulled her arm away, "go home." Josh watched as Kelly began walking away. Josh was about to walk away, but stopped when Kelly called for him. Josh turned back to her and she looked at the ground, "keep an eye on him for me, ya? Make sure he doesn't get into any trouble."

Josh smiled, "ya, I will."

Kelly began walking away again and Josh jogged to his car. He sat in his car for a minute just replaying the conversation in his head.

🌹🌹🌹

Kelly shut the door behind her and walked into the living room. Nate wants home and neither were the kids. She sat on the couch, staring at the wall. She looked around the living room. Tyler and Madison must've really worked hard to clean it. It's really was nice.

Kelly rubbed her eyes tiredly. She thought of josh and her he spoke about Tyler. She thought about the questions he asked her. He seemed concerned and Kelly concluded that Josh must be more than a friend to Tyler.

Kelly let out a groan when there was a knock at the door. She stood up and slowly walked to the door. She opens it and nearly choked on the air. "C-Chris? What the hell are you doing here?"

Chris sighed, "I need to talk to you."

Kelly glared, "I don't wanna talk to you."

Chris glared back, "well that's too damn bad."

Chris walks in and Kelly followed, "does Tyler even know your back? You don't even know how heart broken he was when our left."

Chris spat back, "and you do? Your not there for him either, Kelly. Your just as guilty."

Kelly scoffed, "and what about Madison. She needs a father in her life and you couldn't do that."

Chris took a step forward, "she needs a mother too, and you couldn't do that."

Kelly pointed to the door, "if you came here just to insult me then leave. Because I'm not gonna put up with your bullshit-"

"I want Tyler to come live with me."

Kelly's eyes widened, "excuse me? He's my son."

Chris pointed to himself, "he my son too and by the looks of it your not doing to good of a job taking care of him."

Kelly shook her head, "and how would you know?"

"That black eye he has? He told me who did it and he told me you just watched. I don't think it's safe for him here. I want him to live somewhere where he can feel safe and not be harmed by who his family is supposed to be."

Kelly was speechless. Chris stared at her, waiting for an answer. Kelly gulped, "no."

"No?"

"No."

Chris scoffed, "well too fucking bad. It's up to him anyway. If I were you, I'd say my goodbyes, because he's coming with me."

Dramaaaaaaaaa!!!! Drama just hit town and it hit hard. But that's not the beginning, get your coats everyone. Because a storm is close, and it's not gonna be pretty.

-JoJo
🌹🌹🌹