🌹13🌹

Tyler woke up, his eyelids sticking together from crying last night. He didn't intend on telling Josh countless stories of his dad, it just happened. And that lead him to a night of tears.

He slowly sat up and he winced form the crook in his neck. The sun shone brightly through the curtains, giving a yellow yellow hue to the room. He heard the breeze hit the window softly and a car driving passed. The white bedsheets were scrunched around him and his hair was all ruffled.

It gave him an aura of peace. Something he didn't often wake up to in his own house. Tyler let out a yawn, the dried tears feeling weird against his skins. Tyler wrapped his arms around himself, enjoying the over sized t-shirt Josh gave him to wear.

It was a plain white one that went to his mid-thighs. Tyler swung his feet over the edge, rubbing his feet against the soft carpet. He stood up slowly and his knees popped slightly. Tyler stretched out his back before shuffling towards the door.

He heard the shower running that connected to Josh's bedroom. He's spent the night at Josh's house before, but for some reason he felt different this time. He just felt at piece in the moment. Maybe it was because someone had actually listened to him. That's someone being Josh.

Tyler sighed and sat back down on the bed. His stomach suddenly growled and the smell of pancakes filled his nose. He breathed in the smell and closed his eyes, which only made his stomach grumble again. Tyler absolutely loved Laura's cooking.

Tyler didn't registered the shower being turned off and was startled when the bathroom door opened. Josh walked out with a towel draped lowly around his waste. Tyler blushed and looked at his lap.

He saw Josh smile at him from the corner of his eyes, "hey, Tyler. How are you feeling?"

Tyler nodded, keeping his eyes to Josh's face, "good."

The steam from the bathroom trickled Tyler's skin. He blushed and quickly looked away once josh began to get get dressed. Josh nodded towards the bathroom, "you can take a shower if you want, there's still some warm water."

Tyler nodded, standing up, "thanks."

Josh smiled, "no problem. There's already a towel in there and I'll set out some clothes for you."

Tyler nodded before walking into the bathroom. He locked the door before stripping himself from the large t-shirt and his underwear. He turned the water on and quickly stepped in. Tyler sighed as the warm water just his bare skin. Tyler made quick work in washing his body and hair, not wanting to waste their water.

He got dried before walking into the bedroom with the towel tied around his waste. Josh was no longer in the room, but there were some clothes folded neatly on the bed. He pulled on the baggy sweats and the plain black t-shirt.

•slight trigger warning of mentions of self harm•

Tyler frowned at his arms. He didn't want to show all his scars, even though Josh's family already knew about them. (They were a very accepting family.) he felt ugly with them. He played with the latex rubber band on his wrist.

Josh had giving it to him shortly after he discovered about his self harm. He had told him that it was a coping mechanism. Whenever he thought of cutting, just snap the rubber band a few times. Tyler didn't expect it to work, but it did. Tyler let out a sigh, walking to the door and slaking out of the bedroom.

•End of trigger warning•

Tyler took two steps at a time down the stairs. He walked into the dining room where everyone was sitting. Laura was laying out the food as Josh played with his siblings. Mr. Dun had already left for work. Laura smiled at Tyler, "good morning, Tyler. Did you sleep well?"