🌹5🌹

Josh's was currently waiting for Tyler at the bathrooms. The bell had just rang, signaling school was out. The hallways flooded with kids and there loud talking.

Josh looked over them, trying to find the junior. He spotted him and smiled, "Tyler, over here!"

Tyler maneuvered his way through the crowd of kids, making it to josh without tripping. Tyler gave him a small smile, "hi."

Josh grinned, "hey." Josh bit his lip and scratched his neck, "so, about going to my house. My sister is having her friends over, so it's gonna be really noisy. maybe we can go to your house?"

Tyler slumped his shoulders with a frown, "josh, I really don't wanna study at my house."

Josh pleaded, "please, Tyler? I'm serious, you don't wanna be at my house when Abigail has her fitness over. Please?"

Tyler bit his lip, muttering quietly, "fine."

Josh grinned, abruptly hugging Tyler, "oh thank god. Thank you, Tyler. I really didn't wanna study with all those girls over."

Tyler tensed in Josh's arms before hesitantly hugging josh back awkwardly. Josh was warm and much taller than Tyler, making Tyler feel like he was being hugged by a big teddy bear. It was nice.

Josh let go and nodded towards the exit, "come one, out chariot awaits. Well, more like my bike, but it's better than nothing."

Tyler smiled at how positive josh was. For a senior, he was really cheery and full of excitement. Tyler walked along side of josh. "I hope I'm not keeping you from your friends," Tyler said.

Josh shook his head, "nah, it's fine. Plus, your my friend- well, i mean...only if you wanna be my friend." Josh looked down at Tyler with hopeful eyes and smiled when Tyler nodded his head with that same shy smile. "Great, I really do think your cool, Tyler."

Tyler's smile grew a little, a wave of accomplishment going through josh. He loved it when he was able to get the brunette to smile. Josh got onto his bike and smiled at Tyler, "wanna ride?" Tyler looked at the bike nervously and josh chuckled, "don't worry, I won't crash."

Tyler nodded hesitantly before hooping on the front of the handles. Josh moved his head to the side to see passed Tyler and began riding down the sidewalk. The wind blew in Tyler's face and his heart beat sped up. He knew how to ride a bike, he just never chose to actually ride one around.

Tyler felt his stomach twist as adrenaline ran through him. He knew it was silly to get all excited over riding a bike, especially since he was seventeen, but he couldn't help it. He smiled widely, his crooked teeth showing. He liked the way the wind blew in his face, pushing his hair back.

When Josh took a right turn, the bike wobbled a little and Tyler gasped as his grip tightened. Josh placed one hand on the small of Tyler's back, "don't worry, I won't let you fall." Tyler let out a quick, nervous laugh. Josh's grinned. It was the first time he saw the boy genuinely excited about something. Tyler closed his eyes as he let his head tilt back slightly, the wind hitting more of his neck now.

He was even more disappointed than usual once they reached his house. Tyler reluctantly got off the bike and he lead josh up the driveway.

Tyler unlocked his house door with his shaky hands. He opened the door and let Josh's step inside first. Josh scanned the room, flinching as Tyler slammed the door closed.

A lady came down the stairs and eyeballed  Josh. Kelly looked at Tyler, "Tyler, what did we say about having....boys over. You know Nate won't like that-"

Tyler glared, "it's not like that Mom. It's for stupid tutoring, so fuck off." Josh's eyes widened at Tyler's outburst. Tyler grabbed Josh's wrist and began pulling him up the stairs.