four

she began to claw my face apart...

"gabriela! gabriela! wake up." someone said while lightly tapping my face.

i slowly opened my eyes as a scared and overwhelming feeling took over my body. there i saw a man. who looked like mr. valderrama.

"hey. you know... you look a lot like my teacher mr. valderrama..." i said. the man then started laughing while sitting me up.

"snap out of it, kiddo." he said. "i am mr. valderrama!" he said laughing which caused me to laugh.

he looked at me weirdly. "that's the first time you smiled today. what's wrong? and oh my god, we need to get you home." he said. home.

"home? why home? no. i don't want to go." i said. he looked confused.

"promise you won't tell?" i said sticking out my pinky, and he promised me.

we ended up walking around the park as i talked with him.

"well, i have this sister, and well we hate each other. it's all because my mom likes me more. this sister has always been a jerk. yesterday at the dinner table we got into a huge fight. let's just say that she posted pictures of me naked and well it got around the whole school and now i have no friends and nobody to talk to." i said rambling on as if i didn't care. i have to be strong in front of others.

"listen, i understa-..." he started, but i cut him off.

"no, no you don't. i don't know if you know this, but i am not able to visit or see my dad. i hate it here, and i want to go with my father. i miss him so much and i love him. they just don't understand how much i dont like it here." i finally broke down and started letting my tears flow.

"gabriela. i know that im your teacher and all, but listen... you're a very strong girl. today is the day that i finally got to see what's going on deep inside. you're always so happy and you have the best of friends, but today there's like a huge cloud over you. never let any one bring you down. you can do big things, i believe in you, and well maybe you should resolve most of the issues going on. like your family. talk to your dad more and let your mom know how you feel without the conversation getting hectic. i want you to take a deep breath and get all of that out for now. we have to do something." he said.

wow that was a lot to take in. he's very wise. im still feeling very down. sometimes i wish i had a different family. i don't really have many people to go to. only dallas. that's basically it.

"hey, gabriela. a few hours ago your mother put out an amber alert for you. they think you've gone missing. so, im gonna drive you home. i don't care if you want to go or not. i have to bring you. get in the car." he said. i nodded and sat in the passengers seat.

mr. v and i sang the whole way home. it was pretty fun. it took my mind off of things. we even stopped for ice cream. i know mom is probably totally flipping out by now, but whatever.

we eventually arrived home and i opened the door to see mom and the rest of the family sitting on the couch watching the news. they rushed over to me and mr. v.

"honey, im so glad you're okay! where have you been! you're in trouble missy!" mom said to me. she tried to hug me, but i backed away before she could grab me. she was a bit shocked and so was mr. v.

"okay, then..." my mom began, "who's this?" she asked.

"mr. valderrama. he's my math teacher." i said. demi looked over as i said that. she eventually didn't look away.

"thank you, sir. for bringing my daughter home. i appreciate that." mom said. i heard demi making her way over to us.

"aren't you adorable! im glad you're safe, baby girl! i've missed you!" demi said giving me a hug. i pushed her off and then she pushed me away and stood in front of mr. v.