fifty-two

i woke up feeling great remembering what happened last night. nick was beside me staring into my eyes. i bit my lip and sat up.

"how was your night?" nick said laughing. i picked up my phone and checked it. no calls. then again, nobody has my number.

i set my phone down and walked into the bathroom. "i'm taking a shower, i'll be out soon." i said blowing a kiss.

he smiled and caught it.

i took a bubble bath, and it was pretty quiet. i heard nick's phone ring, and he seemed pretty upset while talking.

i decided to hurry, and wash myself so i can see what was going on. i brought my clothes into the bathroom with me, so that i can change and be ready when i got out of the bathroom.

i walked out of the room, and saw nick sitting on the bed with a blank expression with my phone on his lap.

"do you love me?" nick said.

i walked towards him and sat near him. "of course, i love you to the moon and back. you know this! why're you asking me this?" i said.

i went to grab my phone, but he pulled it away.

"i'm going to give you one chance to explain everything to me. tell me why demi just called your phone? how does she know this number? why did she a-" nick said. i sighed.

"nick, to start this off, i love you so much regardless of what ever happened. nothing will hurt me more than you leaving me after you find this out." i said. he nodded and sat up.

"truth is, my name is gabriela gonzalez. sister of demi lovato. i'm sixteen years old. one night, demi began to talk to me about my sister dallas, and i lost it. i couldn't do it, so i went for a walk. i walked so far, that i lost track of where i was." i began.

"wait, so you are demi's kidnapped sister? well, then who kidnapped you?" he asked. but, i ignored it and kept talking.

"i came up to a parking lot, and as i began to pass it, i noticed that a van was following me. i tried to outrun it, but they caught me." i said.

"wait, who caught you?" nick said.

i smiled, "nick, shut the hell up." i said making him laugh a bit. "well, i was shot with some drug, and woke up in the basement of the house we met in. i had my hair cut and dyed, and my eye color changed with contacts, and then that's when i found out who it was that had kidnapped me." i said.

"who? who? i'm on the edge of my seat." nick said with clenched fists. literally on the edge of the bed, making me laugh.

"phil." i said. nick's face turned red. "he said that you needed me for publicity, and that he'd kill me if i tried anything" i said. he nodded.

he bolted up, and grabbed his car keys, and me and put me in the car and began racing down the streets.

"where are we going?" i asked. "to phil." he said grabbing the steering wheel tight.

"you know, i love you right?" i said. he nodded and put his hand on my leg. "yes, and i love you more." he said smiling.

we arrived at phil's house, and nick stormed out of the car and went banging on phil's front door.

after a few minutes phil came to the door, "ni-" he began to say, but nick grabbed him by the neck and pushed him back.

"nick!" i screamed. he turned to me, and gave me a kiss. "go, go back to demi. i love you, and i'll text you." nick said.

i began to take off, "i meant drive the car!" nick yelled dangling the car keys, but i didn't have time to turn back now. phil's huge bodyguard was chasing after me.

i ran and didn't stop. i turned lefts, rights, and kept straight until i figured i lost him. just as i stopped, i felt a pair of hands around my neck.

"p-please." i croaked, but he kept choking me. he eventually let go, throwing me to the ground, letting me gather my breath.

he punched me across my face, leaving me with a bloody lip, and repeatedly punched me in the jaw.

after my face was covered in blood, the big guy stepped back and lowered to my level. "i'm going to do you a favor, and let you go. but, cross my path another time and you're done." he said leaving me to bleed.

i feel awful. i grabbed my phone, and dialed the only number i remembered. demi's.

"nick?" she picked up the phone.

"no, demi. it's me." i said trying to keep the blood under control that was flowing out of my mouth.

"where are you?" she said as i heard her start up her car. i told her the street name, and she told me to stay here.

after about twenty minutes of waiting, or what felt like it, demi's car pulled up beside me.

demi cried as she came over to pick me up. "baby girl, i missed you so much." she cried into me.

"m-me too, but right now my face is losing a lot of blood." i tried to say. demi nodded and softly picked me up and put me in the car.

we drove to the hospital, and went into the emergency. i know what's about to happen it's most definitely not going to be pretty.

-------------------
*beep beep beep beep*

i woke up to the sound of a monitor, and a bright ass light in my face. i don't know who thought of the great idea of having a person wake up in the light.

"her eyes are open!" i heard mom say. i faintly smiled as i looked over to see her, but my smile dropped when i saw everyone in the room crying over me.

"baby, we've missed you." mom said pulling me into a hug mindful of the hurt my body is currently going through.

demi was on the left of me holding me hand with her mouth wide open sleeping.

i smiled at how cute she is.

if only— "nick!" i said as i saw nick come in with a bouquet of flowers, and bandaids on his face.

"hi, beautiful." nick said, kissing my forehead. "besaste a mi hija? (did you kiss my daughter?)" an angry man stood up from behind mom glaring at nick.

i laughed, "papá, este es mi novio (dad, this is my boyfriend.)" i said smiling at him, and grabbing nick's hand with my other hand.

"we need to talk!" dad shouted at nick, pulling him out of the room making us all laugh.

i felt demi wake up, "oh, baby girl." she said hugging me tightly. i hugged her back.

"i just knew it was you!" demi said. i nodded. "i know." i said holding her even tighter.

"you've gotten skinnier." demi frowned.

i nodded, "and i want your help." i said smiling, but nothing could top the even bigger smile on demi's face.