forty-eight

"why are you acting strange?" nick said moving away from me. shortly after, he stood up. "you aren't attracted to me." he said and sighed.

"i-i'm sorry. i mean, i just met you." i said looking down at my hands, tears threatening to spill at any moment.

"well," he started, "let me take you out to lunch and get to know you better." nick said.

"that's a fantastic idea." phil said coming out of the room with a smile on his face.

"yeah, for you." i mumbled. phil looked at me, came over and slightly punched me in the back making me groan.

nick kept staring at me and smiled.

he grabbed my hand and moved me over to the door. all i want is starbucks. i'm just hoping that demi will be there.

but, i know that if i go to her, phil will make sure that my life is a living hell, or that it's over.

"are you okay?" nick said looking at me while holding the door open for me. i faintly smiled and sat inside of the car.

"where to?" he asked me. i shrugged.

"let's go to one of my favorites." he said smirking. he laughed right after.

pulling up to his "favorite" place, we arrived at starbucks. getting out of the car, i was kind of disappointed. no demi in sight.

"is starbucks okay?" he asked me. i nodded 'yes.'

we walked inside and he ordered our drinks. he didn't ask me what i wanted, he ordered for me.

"i bought a chai latte." he said smiling. i frowned a bit. it was nice of him to bring it, but.

"i'm allergic." i said, and he frowned.

"i feel like something isn't working here. you're not trying to connect with me!" nick whined. can't lie, i giggled a bit.

"see, that's what i want. to see that beautiful smile of yours and know that we're going to be something good." he said.

all i did was smile. i couldn't he-. no, gabriela. don't fall into his trap. you've just been kidnapped.

"so, tell me about yourself." he said smiling. i sighed, "for starters, i'm allergic to chai." i said laughing.

he laughed and took my drink away. "sorry about that, i'll get you another. what would you like?" he asked.

"a white chocolate mocha, please." i said warmly. he smiled and nodded. part of me knew that i should be telling him about myself, but something is stopping me.

i think it's him.

"one venti white chocolate mocha." he said sitting it in front of me making me smile.

"so, tell me more about yourself." he said sipping his chai. i nodded. "name? age?" he asked me. i gulped.

"my name is, claire stevens, and i'm seventeen." i hesitantly said. he smiled and laughed.

"you look a lot younger than your age. i'd guess you were, what, sixteen?" he said. i laughed so i wouldn't be suspicious.

"i'm also seventeen {a/n- just for the story.}, and as you may know already, i'm nick jonas." he said winking at me.

if i were 'gabriela' right now, i'd be freaking out. i love nick jonas! i think that it's stopping me from rubbing away.

"i know this is random and all, but by chance would you like to go go-karting with me?" he asked.