twenty-eight

it's show time. i had my makeup on, my outfit on, and i was ready to go.

demi had already sang five songs and i'm coming out for the last two and some finale that she has planned, but she didn't tell me what we were doing.

"okay, so performing with me these last two songs, will be my little sister, gabriela gonzalez. now, i don't know if you knew this, but our relationship has been really rough in the past, but i am really glad that we were able to overcome it and that we have a great relationship now. give it up for my sister!" she said.

i smiled as the platform lifted me up. i began to wave as the audience cheered me on. i lifted up my mic to speak.

"hi lovatics! it's a pleasure to be here in front of you performing tonight. wow, it's hot up here." i said causing everyone to laugh.

"yeah, cause i'm up here" demi said in a duh tone causing me to laugh and everyone else.

the music to for the love of a daughter began to play.

demi wanted me to sing the last part of the song, but it was also the most emotional.

demi doesn't know how i sing, nor has she ever heard me sing so this should be a big surprise if i am bad.

she had me work in the studio for a while to prepare it. soon enough, the part came up.

don't you remember i'm your baby girl?
how could you push me out of your world,
lied to your flesh and your blood,
put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?

when i was done singing that twice, demi and i finished the song off, and the crowd went wild.

"awe guys, i'm crying. being honest, this is the first time i heard her sing and it's beautiful! she sings better than me!" she said wiping her eyes and hugging me.

"we have another song for you, and gabriela is going to start it off. you guys might have to help me sing it." she said.

the music to nightingale started. here we go.

i can't sleep tonight
wide awake and so confused
everything's in line
but i am bruised

i need a voice to echo
a light to take me home
i kinda need a hero
is it you?

demi began to sing and i heard the crowd roar right after i finished.

that's a rush.

i saw signs and looked to the right of the stage and saw mom, eddie, dallas, and maddie behind the curtains.

they all smiled at me.

except for dallas. what's going on with her?

we finished the song and demi came over to me. she hugged me, but she also stayed with her arm around me and began to talk.

"lovatics, the other day, my lovely sister thought it was funny to squirt syrup all over me and then throw pretzels on me so they would stick." she said looking at me grinning.

my lovatics started laughing.

"now, i could've done the same, but you know my sister is just too cute for that, so i decided to do something different." she said.