ten

"george,  you know you didn't have to do that for me.  i could've handled myself." i said.

great now everyone thinks that i need some boy to save me.

"the only reason i did what i did was because i didn't want you to get hurt. you didn't seem like you could have handled yourself in that situation." he explained.

of course i took offense to it.

"what do you mean, asshole." i didn't even stick around for an answer. i just left and stormed off.

"wait," i heard him stay to run off after me. he reached out and grabbed my arm.

"ouch!" i semi-yelled as he shocked me. i stopped,  turned around,  and we both stared in each other's eyes.

i quickly looked down,  i thought nothing of it.

"i'm sorry.  i don't know why i said that.  next time i will let you do it,  but no promises that i won't save you." he said smiling.

i smiled back, "deal, bro. "

"what class do you have next?" he asked as we walked away from the cafeteria.

"english, but we still have at least twenty minutes left in this period." i said.

"yeah, i know. follow me. " he said with a smirk,  took my hand and pulled me.

we went through two double doors which led to a courtyard. nobody was it there but there was a large tree standing in the middle of the yard.

"what are we doing out here?" i asked.  he walked me over to the tree and sat me down under it in the shade on his jacket.

"just to talk. i want to get to know you better." he said through a smile. i nodded.

"okay,  im gonna ask you questions,  and you answer. favorite color? movie? sport? food? subject? and person?" he says.

"uhh...  blue,  if i stay,  basketball,  french fries,  math, and my dad." i said.

"why your dad?" he asked. i tensed up a bit,  and i think that he noticed,

"you don't have to, " i interrupted.

"nah, it's okay." i said and began to speak.

"well, my dad lives in new york, and well i never get to see him because my mom has full custody over me. i really love my dad, he's my hero and don't know what i would do without him. he sends me things, and he calls me everyday, but i still miss him so much and one day im gonna go see him and stay with him." i said as if it was a fantasy.

he got kind of quiet but eventually we began to talk again. we talked about him and i learned that his mom is a single parent and that his dad died actually a few years ago.

it's amazing how we could have such a deep conversation and only know each other for only a day.

i can tell this is going to be a great friendship.

eventually, the bell rang and we had to go to class. maddie is in a grade lower than me, so i never see her. not like i want to.

the end of the day came and i got a text from mom saying that she can't pick me up so id have to walk home.

that's a fifteen minute walk.

i groaned, but she said she had a surprise in my room for me.

i was walking out when i heard someone calling my name.

"gabi!" i heard george say.

"hey!" i smiled.

"where are you going? is your mom picking you up?" he asked.  i shook my head no.