twenty-nine

we huddled around mom waiting to hear the bad news. she was just crying so hard, and couldn't get it out.

"grandma is dead" she said.

we all knew that grandma was in a bad condition, but she decided to pass the night of demi's concert.

oh yeah, demi. the one who is closest to grandma.

i looked over at demi to find her on her knees in her own tears. everyone was looking at her and taking pictures.

i went up on stage and decided to close off the concert. "lovatics, i am very sorry that your concert has come to an end early. we will figure out another solution for all of you. please exit and have a safe trip home. you will be contacted shortly. demi is going to be fine." i said.

sure, i had tears in my eyes, but, see, grandma has always had favorites. she didn't make much of a connection with me. i think just because i don't look quite like the rest, i'm not treated like the rest.

my skin tone is a bit darker, my accents are a bit thicker, but now is not the time to judge.

my grandmother is now dead.

as soon as the audience cleared out, we all went backstage and sat for a while. we decided that the next day we should go to texas to figure out situations for grandma.

mom's phone rang.

"hello?" mom said putting it on speaker. it was dallas.

"hi mom, and family i'm assuming i'm on speaker. sorry for such short notice, but i flew out to texas earlier to go and see grandma." she said crying. "but, when i got here she was dead. i don't know - are you guys coming?" she said.

{a/n- you thought i would kill dallas?}

"yes, we can find a flight tonight. we will see you in a bit sweetie, we love you." mom said to dallas.

she hang up the phone and demi and i changed into more comfortable clothing.

all the way to the hotel, demi was crying and in mom's arms like a baby, and maddie was in eddie's also.

i was just sitting there.

i was kind of staring into space when they started calling my name.

"gabriela? are you alright?" they asked me. i just nodded. my eyes weren't wet, but i was still a bit shook.

after packing everything up and notifying the tour managers that we weren't going to be in new mexico the day after, we made our way to the airport.

it was such a long flight, and of course, i sat by myself. in back of those up there who were crying.

there was a little girl who sat next to me.

thinking about everything that had occurred, tears started to flow out of my eyes.

i didn't really notice.

"are you okay?" the little girl asked me.

i just nodded.

"i don't think you are." she said looking down. i was starting to wonder what she was looking at.

i looked down, and it appeared to be that my sleeve lifted up a bit and you could see some of my scars.

i quickly pulled it back down.

"no, don't be ashamed." she said. she took my wrist and pulled up the sleeve. i didn't resist.

she bent down and kissed it.

"don't do this to yourself." she said begging.

"aren't you like six? you don't understand." i said rolling my eyes a bit.