forty-four

"after reviewing all of the private schools, i decided that this one is the best for you." demi said handing me the ipad.

"can we just go there and check it out?" i said handing it back to her. i was too tired to read.

"lazy." she said.

i laughed.

"sure, your first day is tomorrow. let's go." she said. she grabbed the car keys and i followed her out of the house.

on the way to the school, demi and i were singing to sorry not sorry. that's my favorite song of hers. (a/n: same.)

payback is a bad bitch, and baby i'm the baddest. you're fucking with a savage; can't have this can't have this ahh, and it'd be nice of me to take it easy on ya, but nahh.

"that just made me feel way better." i said truthfully as i laughed. we stepped out of the car after we parked and made our way into the large school.

"hello, i'm demi lovato, and this is gabriela gonzalez and we are here to check the school out." demi said smiling.

"yes, ma'am. through the door on the left you'll find the head master. thank you for coming." she said as we followed her directions.

demi held my hand and gave me a smile. you ever just take a moment to appreciate her smile? it's gorgeous.

"hello, my name is de-" demi started, but the young woman looked up and stopped her. "who are you?" the lady said to me.

"i-i'm gabriela gonzalez." i gulped.

"i am aware that you are miss lovato." she said taking her glasses off looking at demi and coming around the table.

"i am the head master, ms. gomez." she said. "you may freely roam around, there are signs that point you back in this direction if you get lost." she said sitting on her desk.

"questions?" she asked. we both shook our heads. "perfect. miss gonzalez, i expect the least bit of trouble out of you." she said smiling.

"no problem." i said reassuring her.

we began to walk out. demi looked down at ms. gomez's name plate on her desk and read it. "thank you, selena." demi said.

"miss. lovato, it's ms. gomez to you." she said. demi rolled her eyes.

"it's ms. gomez for a reason." demi said which made me laugh. demi shortly laughed right after.

"don't make me give you detention." she said winking at demi. i held in my laughter.

demi quickly left and began down the hallway.

"dude, she was totally hitting on you back there." i said laughing. "yeah, i'm just that hot." she said flipping her hair and walking ahead.

"do you think you'd want to join the chorus or do the school musical or anything?" demi asked. i shook my head 'no'.

"why not? you're amazing!" she said.

"yeah, i'm too good for this." i said laughing, obviously kidding. i can't afford to be stuck up.

after touring the whole school, we made our way back to the entrance where we came in at.

i have to say, this school is as boring as it sounds. there's no colors, and it looks like a public school.

i appreciated this school because we get to wear whatever we want. but, that's just an excuse for demi to go shopping so that's the bad part about it.

"can we go shopping later?" demi said.

i rolled my eyes. "i'll take that as a yes." she said. i laughed. it didn't matter what i said. she's going to go shopping either way.

"leaving so soon?" ms. gomez said. i'm starting to think that this lady is either really creepy, or she just is in love with demi.

"yeah, we have things to do." demi said smiling, but trying not to sound rude while saying it.

"well, can i have your number?" ms. gomez said. i rolled my eyes. she's trying so hard. demi please say it already.

"uhm, i have a girlfriend." demi said awkwardly. ms. gomez smirked.

"she's a lucky girl." she said turning away.

demi felt bad and ran up to her. "i'm sorry, i am so used to saying that i'm in a relationship." she said.

"so, you're not?" ms. gomez said.

demi reached in her purse and grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote her name and number on it.

"i'll keep in touch." ms. gomez said. demi and i turned away, but we heard her speak again so we stopped.

"oh, and demi? it's selena." she said smiling and leaving. i could see demi's face turn red.

we got in the car and began to leave. looking over at demi, she hasn't stopped smiling yet.

"stop smiling already!" i yelled rolling my eyes.

"oh, you can tell?" demi said laughing. i nodded. we listened to more music on the way to the mall. it was actually kind of nice.

"where do you want to go?" demi asked, which was different because she usually would be dragging me to top shop right about now.

"let's go to pink." i said.

this time i dragged her to pink. i love pink, it has to be my favorite store ever.

i picked up sweatshirts, leggings, t-shirts, shorts, bras, and underwear. it was like i was in paradise.

across the thong table, there was a lady holding up a pair of thongs looking at them.

the lady looked up and into my eyes. it was selena. i couldn't help, but laugh. i nudged demi with my elbow.

"what?" demi whispered and then looked at selena. "hi!" demi said laughing and then looking at the garments in her hand.

selena looked at them and then back at demi, and then her face flushed in red as she slammed the back down. "oh, wow. embarrassing." she said.

i laughed, and then left leaving them alone. i shouldn't have left because now i'm picking up more than i need to.

demi met me in the line and looked at my hand. her eyes widened. "you're a shop-a-holic." she said laughing.

"hi, did you find everything okay?" the lady said. i rolled my eyes. obviously! or else i'd be back there struggling!

we rang up the clothes and demi gasped. "damn it, five thousand?" demi said, but swiped her card.

i couldn't help, but to laugh.

walking out of the store i smirked.

"did my bitch get a date?" i said.

"you know it." demi said smiling from ear to ear high fiving me.

i just don't want her to get hurt. don't think that i won't hurt my head master. i'm just very protective.

------------
a/n- crappy chapter, i'm sorry. i'll update soon, but beware there's a ton of things coming up that you won't like.