eight

"maddie? gabi, honey? come to the living room please!" my mom yelled across the house.

we both went down slowly, but surely... glaring at each other on the way.

sitting on the couch was eddie & mom. this means business.

"hey, guys. sit down, why don't ya?" eddie's roaring voice said.

we sat down on opposite ends of the couch.

"first off, gabriela. you're changing schools!" mom said with a smile, but you can tell that she's nervous.

"k." i said while opening up my phone.

she quickly grabbed my phone from out of my hand and smirked.

i rolled my eyes.

"hey!" eddie yelled warning me. this happens a lot.

he's not even my dad, though.

"second, maddie, you are too." maddie looked a bit confused.

"why me?" maddie asked a bit upset.

"we decided that it's best if both of you went to the same school." she said smiling.

"well, the fuck it's not!" i yelled. maddie grinned.

i smirked back, just to be funny.

"mom! come on! mr. valderrama is like my favorite!" i said.

im actually really sad, because i love that dude.

im angry. i left with the quickness.

"gabriela, don't make me call tu padre!" she yelled.

"llamarlo (call him)" i said without giving a crap.

"you better not!" i heard eddie yell at mom in the distance.

he hates when mom calls dad, because each time they always end up flirting with each other. i don't know why.

i want them back together, but i don't know how maddie would react and well, if she's upset then i get a bit upset as well.

they were still arguing.

i heard mom coming upstairs so i opened up a book to make it look like i was not just sitting there.

"you start tomorrow." she said and then slammed my door shut.

she must be actually mad.

i groaned and decided to take a nap before they wake me up for breakfast.

tbh i ain't even really that hungry.

welp, it was just seconds before they woke me up.

i groaned again, and walked down the stairs with the least pep in my step.

"glad to see you so happy to live here!" eddie joked smiling. i lowkey rolled my eyes.

he gets mad when i do that.

no, he's not abusive or anything, but he's just not my father and any other man in my life will never be as nice as mi padre.

"honey, we made pancakes!" mom said smiling. i smiled a little. her smile does seem to brighten my day at least a little bit.

"can you get the pitcher of orange juice out of the fridge?" eddie asked. i nodded.

"you know what bothers me?" i said intending for mom to answer.

"what?" eddie said.

"mom...?" i said through gritted teeth.

"not you, eddie." i said shortly after. mom gave me "the look" and answered, "yes?"

"over there in that silver garbage can, you have a empty bottle of orange juice. you know what happened to the juice inside? it went into this pitcher. why not just pour juice out of the bottle?" i said.

mom shrugged.

"it's not like you made it..." i said.

i eventually walked to the table and poured everyone's juice. we all shortly sat down after.

i had enough of this family not speaking.

"hey, guys?" i said and they all looked at me curious.

"eddie, im really sorry for how ive been treating you. it's just that, i don't really want anyone replacing my father. he just has a really special spot in my heart and im not gonna let you replace that. we can be friends tho." i said laughing towards the end.

he reached out to my hand.

"yes, friend. i accept your apology." he said nodding and grinning.

"dally?" i said afraid she's still mad. she looked down and didn't look back up.

"i know im fucked up an-" i began, but dally cut me off.

"no no no, you're not fucked up. its not you, it's this family. don't be sorry, and you don't have to apologize because you didn't mean it and you're going to apologize. that's a command. love you baby girl, forever and always." she said beating me to it.

i just smiled.

"mads?" i said. she looked at me and smiled.

"oh, just shutup. i love you, too sis." she said. i gave her a fist bump. i missed my sister.

"mami, te quiero mucho. ya sabes que eres el sol en mi mundo. (mommy, i love you so much. you already know that you're the sun in my world.)" i smiled.

"yo sé bebé mamá te ama también. (i know baby, mama loves you too)" she said moving over to me and kissing my forehead.

"okay, can y'all start a movie? i have to call demi." i said getting quiet.

they all moved. "ay, mommy? can i use your phone? demi won't answer if i call from mine." i said biting my nail.

"it's upstairs in my room, baby." she said patting my back motioning me to go upstairs.

i ran upstairs and went into the teal room that was my mothers.

i picked up her phone and typed in the passcode. 4-0-5-0-2

i scrolled through her contacts and clicked demi.

phone call with demi:

demi: hey mom! im so glad you called.

gabi: uhm, it's not mom... dems?

she hang up.

what the hell.

texting demi:

gabi: demi? please. i need to talk to you.
gabi: hello?
gabi: demi, please?

demi: what, gabi? you didn't want to talk me when i was there a day ago...

gabi: yeah, dems. im sorry. i really wish that i could be face to face with you and say how terribly sorry i am, but not all wishes come true. i know that sorry isn't gonna help, but im gonna need you to meet me halfway. i mean, you've been a bitch for the longest and now all of a sudden you demand respect? that isn't how it works dems...

demi: yeah, gabs. i know and im sorry too. we will talk face to face, but just not right now. there's some things we need to talk about.

gabs: like what?

demi: anyway, im sorry.  and, well i gtg... fans approaching.

it ended just like that.

what an awkward conversation...

anyway...

mads and i have our first day of school tomorrow. better get ready

this should be interesting.

a/n

short chapter, ik!

sorry, wuv you! update soon! bye :)

qotc: favorite color?